Friday, July 2, 2021

What's going on?

 Hi folks, I have been busy for the past couple of weeks.  I had surgery last Wednesday on one eye and another yesterday on my other eye. What a tremendous change in my eyes. I am very happy with the success. 



 A couple of weeks ago,  I was heading into town and my whole exhaust system fell off. Luckily there is a Midas muffler right next door to the Veterans center and they replaced it while I was at my apt. Then, a week ago my truck started vibrating really bad. So, I took it to Midas and they showed me where the rear spindle was worn  down, now it runs perfect. 

 I got my back area covered with ground cloth.

This is old lumber that's been laying around a few years rotting, took it to the dump.
Some brush I filled my truck to take to the dump.
Here are a few meals me and Freddy had. Mine is bootie pasta with hot sausage, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. 
Freddy's his food with bowtie pasta, broccoli 🥦 and chicken breast straps.

Moose burger, broccoli 🥦 cauliflower topped with horseradish sauce. 
Freddy's...chicken strip, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peppers, celery. 
I am thinking, he is eating better than me.

I forgot,  I have to wear these eye covers to keep me from rubbing my eyes when sleeping.  I also have 3 different eye drops I have to take 4 times a day. 
 
 I may some exciting news coming up so, will let you know when it happens.  Take care.
 



11 comments:

bigfoot said...

Great update. Glad your eyes and exhaust system are doing better. Tasty looking plates of food-!!

518nymammaof2 said...

Freddy eats like a king! And that pasta and sausage looks delicious! Glad your eye surgery went well and your truck is all fixed. 2 important things! Hope you enjoy Independence day weekend. Cold and rainy in NY :(

John in Alaska said...

Hi bigfoot and thanks, I wished I had taken a picture of the exhaust, it was bad, lol. I am loving my new eyes, I see so much better especially colors.

John in Alaska said...

Hey there 518, he does and he eats a lot, I have to pretty much fill his bowl before I go to bed because, he likes to eat during the middle of the night. I spoil him. Thanks, this weekend so far is 57 degrees and overcast with some patches of blue. All in all a good day here.

Art said...

Fixed vehicle. Fixed eyes. Great food for you and the pup. Life is good.

Billy Portwood said...

Good to hear all is well. Happy 4th John!

John in Alaska said...

Hi Art, I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks

John in Alaska said...

Hey Billy, thanks my friend, Happy 4th to you as well. All is well so far, lol.

Anonymous said...

Hiya John, well looks like you had a lot going on at once. Glad all is taken care of & all went well. I’ve had cataract surgery on both eyes few years ago and eyesight was good and no more glasses. Just readers for small print. Looks like Freddy is turning you into his personal chef lol … Take Care …. Bert From Bama

John in Alaska said...

Hi Bert, it is amazing what they can do for eyes these days. I sure am glad for that. Freddy thinks he is at a swanky hotel, lol

Anonymous said...

Hiya John just checking in to see how things are going up your way. How’s your eyesight since surgery? It’s amazing how good we see afterwards. Weather here’s been rain and sunshine taking turns for weeks. Been a lazy summer for me, just watering plants and watching Netflix on occasion. But I did add stationary bike to my week : ) How’s weather your way? Hoping this finds you n Freddy still eating gourmet meals and doing well lol.. Bert From Bama