Thursday, June 17, 2021

I just can't make up my mind

 Hi folks, I tell you getting this old is crazy, I can't figure out where to start. I have so much work here and now adding the move to N.Y. is driving me batty, lol. I'm pretty sure the move won't be this year, probably next Spring. I am thinking about keeping my properties here in Alaska so I can come back for vacations to fish and whatever else. Right now I am putting ground cover on the back property to have it filled in. I cut that short because the winds creeped up on me and the covering just blew around.


    Freddy in his usual spot waiting for the neighbors dog to come by.
                                    I got dandelions this year
                         I like the flower, it brightens my property up
                                       Do you see the Butterfly?

                        Here are flowers I bought for my window box
              Freddy enjoys his meals when I add meat and vegetables

My dinner is Battered Cod, vegetables and tarter sauce.
Yep! I started cleaning up my shop and now I can walk through it, lol. It still needs some more work.
Cutting the high grass with my new battery operated weed eater. I like it, it's quiet, light and cuts just fine with an automatic string spool.

Well, I had more photos but, for some reason, they're gone. I am having more problems with this new computer and I am going to stop using it. From now on, I am using my phone to take pictures and download them. I hope this will entertained you somewhat until I can get my "****" together. Excuse my French, lol. Take care.

12 comments:

Evano said...

So green there all of a sudden!
You and Freddy are looking fine too.

Take care of yourself


Evano

jpark22 said...

Great post!
Thanks for all the pictures. Especially the pansy’s in the window box and even the beautiful butterfly.
Freddy looks like he’s eating as good as you are! He’s a lucky dog!
Take Care!

John in Alaska said...

Hey Evano, thanks my friend, it is very green and hot during the day. Freddy is doing fine as well, when it's hot, he likes to get under the shade of the tree.

John in Alaska said...

Hi jpark22, you are welcome. Flowers do brighten a person's day. The dandelion leaves make for a good salad. He eats very well and a lot, lol. He drinks tons of water as well. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Hiya John well at least you have a plan to get started, that’s a task in itself. Moving is a strenuous task especially as we get older. You wonder how did you accumulate all this STUFF. When it gets overwhelming just take a break .Take care and have a great week….. Bert From Bama

518nymammaof2 said...

Great looking flowers and food! Glad your snow is finally gone! How's the search coming for Adirondack properties?

John in Alaska said...

Hi Bert, yep, I do wonder at times how much I have accumulated over the years. When I was caretaking the lodges, all I had was pretty much a backpack, look what happens when you move to the road system.

John in Alaska said...

Hi 518, thanks. I am still looking, I have seen a few properties and property sure is expensive but, there are some decent priced properties. I'm finding that I may have to make a trip to check some out. Lot better to see them in person.

bigfoot said...

I'm sure your future plans will work out fine, even if you end up adjusting them. Nice and green up there.

John in Alaska said...

Hi bigfoot, I certainly plan to make them work out. It sure will be different. Yes, it is very green this year. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Hi John, my sympathies on your organizing/ clean up project. It's amazing how stuff just accumulates over the years. Personally I hate throwing out anything useful. lol Take care and take it easy during the heat waves. M.

John in Alaska said...

Hi M, I'm the same way and that's how I ended up with all this plus, my "hard to give up a good deal" LOL.