Sunday, November 8, 2020

Holy Smokes! Winter is here....Hooray!

 Hey everyone, Winter has finally arrived and did he ever. Let's start with the hearty breakfast this morning. This is what time I finally woke up and the temperatures.

Starting breakfast, I used this pan I cooked hot Italian sausage in and cooked my whole breakfast in.

                                         Cutting potatoes

                                         Adding salt and pepper
                          Adding Cajun seasoning, sure makes it tasty.

                          There you go, complete breakfast in a pan

                                       This is scary, LOL
                                        Now, for Winter

                                      Up and Down my road






                                                    Back yard



There you have it, so much snow and it is 4:45 pm and it is still snowing heavy. I will wait until tomorrow hoping it stops before trying to clear the snow. I told one of my members, Passport, that I would include a picture from my kitchen table to my view outside but, I forgot and my pantry but, I moved most everything from my pantry to the shop and packed them away to take out to the remote cabin. I will do a picture in my next post of what's left. I hope everyone enjoys this post. Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That breakfast looks so good, do you parboil your potatoes first or just cook them from raw? Lots of snow, looks like it is a wet heavy snow. Older I get more I like mild weather and more daylight. It is pretty tho.

Take care and thanks for posting, Dee

Bushrat John said...

Hi Dee, thanks for stopping by. I fry my potatoes from raw, I boil them when I want smashed potatoes and when I want whole boiled potatoes to eat like an apple. You're right, it is a wet heavy snow, tomorrow, I will be out there most of the day clearing it.I like mild weather and but, I enjoy the dark evenings because, I get to see the stars, not so much in the Summer.

bigfoot said...

Last week we spent at our west TX cabin. Days were 80 degrees and nights about 55. Blue skies and pleasant breezes. We like the snow, but not as much as you get!!
Tasty looking breakfast!

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bigfoot, 80 degrees? Yikes! We did get a lot for sure. That breakfast was good, especially the potatoes with the hot Italian sausage flavor. Thanks for stopping by.

Passport said...

Morning! Great pictures. I would love a view like yours from my kitchen table. You are eating my favorite breakfast. Stay warm. Thanks for the update.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Passport, thanks. That breakfast did taste good. I am always warm. Thanks for stopping.

Anonymous said...

Hi John, You got a good bit of snow judging by the accumulation on your cars..over a foot? Good thing you've got a decent snowblower. Meanwhile, here in the N.E. U.S. I had a 75 degree day with low enough humidity that I could paint my front door and mow the grass while wearing shorts. My old Siberian Husky would have loved your Alaskan snowfalls. He never had any interest in coming back into the house when it snowed lol Just run around for hours on end diving into snowbanks and lay out on snowbanks, completely content with the world regardless of whether we were in the midst of a snow or ice storm. Anyway, wonder if i'll get snow this winter, had almost nothing last year. Don't give yourself a heart attack shoveling all that up. Take care. M.

Bushrat John said...

Hi M, I got just under 3' of snow. The snowblower did a great job and worth every penny. That's funny 75 degrees and mowing grass in shorts, lol. When I had my Siberian Husky "KAYAK" He hated being inside. -40 degrees, he would go outside bury himself in the snow and spend the night outside. If you want snow, I hope you get it. If I use my shovel, it won't be very. Take care.

518nymammaof2 said...

The snow is gorgeous and the breakfast looks delicious! Love the cooking shots!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks 518nymammaof2, I do love that first snowfall even when it's a pain to clear. I do like my breakfast, I am going to try to do these more often. You should be getting snow soon.