Monday, October 5, 2020

Sunday blueberry picking day 10/4/2020

 Hi everyone, Sunday started out nice and sunny so, I decided to go up Hatcher's Pass and pick blueberries. It's kinda late but, there are usually some still waiting to be picked. So, I loaded up my car and headed up.

           As you can see there is more snow than the last time up there




 
 I was surprised how small they were this year up there.



It was chilly up there and I noticed the Sun started going away and I knew                                        it was going to rain.

It's very hard to move around in this area because, the ground is soft and I am wearing soft sided shoes, that don't feel right.
                                                     OOPS!
It started raining so, I gave up, I was using a quart container but, only managed to fill half in an hour and fifteen minutes because the size of the blueberries.

I decided to take some photos as I left mainly to make this post worth it.














When I got home, the cabin was chilly so, I started a fire and made some Cream of Chicken Vegetable soup. Mmmm! So good.

Well, that's it for Sunday, I hope you enjoy and please stay safe.

                                             Take care


12 comments:

518nymammaof2 said...

The yellow trees look so pretty against the snowy mountains! That soup looks delicious too! What are you going to make with the blueberries?

Billy Portwood said...

Pictures like that make me want to pick up and leave. My sons and I used to pick berries up there years ago and make muffins and pies. Running those hills with the dog chasing ptarmigan, Gods country there. Thanks for sharing.

Billy Jack

AlaskaJohn4ever said...

Hi nymomma, I don't have enough to make a pie so, I will probably put them in pancakes, oatmeal or cereal.

AlaskaJohn4ever said...

Hey Billy Jack, c'mon back, this is the home of the free and Veterans. It is relly nice to get up there now and then. Sometimes I will go up without my cellphone and camera and find a nice spot to just sit and glass the area.

Washkeeton said...

Love the pics of Hatchers... the news reported today 10/6 that the snow closed the pass for the winter. I don't know about you but I am soooo tired of the rain. We have wood cut up and split waiting for a couple of dry days to move and stack it. How is your wood going? Do you have the oil drip hooked up yet?

Wash

AlaskaJohn4ever said...

Hi Wash, There was no snow on the roads Sunday. Did they get some kind of snowstorm the last 2 days? I've been holding off the wood for now and I can't hook up the oil stove until Newmans comes and puts the fill in the back. I've some wood to hold me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful post! You live in beautiful country. The air must be clean and crisp. Are the yellow trees Aspens? Glad you were able to get a mess of blueberries. You will surely enjoy the fruits of your labors. Take care!
MidwestGal

Bushrat John said...

Hi midwestgal, They are a mixture of Birch, White Birch, Aspen. It is beautiful and the air is crisp and fresh for sure. Thanks for stopping by.

Washkeeton said...

Just don't get caught with out enough wood to get you through. Seth and I got about half of what he got cut up stacked... Mostly Seth, less me. LOL. He took the past 4 days off, the only thing of what we had planned to do that wasn't finished was the stacking of the rest of the wood, we got the rest done, including the oil change in the Truck, plow on the ATV and even the filter on the oil tank for our toyo. The housing around the filter either developed a crack or the rubber around the top was cracked, either way it started leaking and we had to change it.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Wash, sounds like you were busy. I have enough wood until I hook up my oil stove. My 6x6 broke down and I have to take it and get it fixed. I burning wood now, it gets quite chilly mornings. Take care.

Washkeeton said...

I'm glad to hear you have enough. Seth dropped 6 dead trees in my yard this fall. He cut them up and I rented a splitter for 4 hours. He split all six trees in 4 hours. LOL We have run out of places to put all the wood... Im thinking that that is a good thing... LOL How is that white stuff out your way? I'm not ready for it yet. We have to finish the wood first.

Wash

Bushrat John said...

You guys have certainly been busy. I didn't get very much, just a covering and most melted today. I think we will get more real soon.