Thursday, October 22, 2020

First snow

 Hi folks, just wanted to do a small posting. Last Sunday I woke up about 5:30 am to hit the outhouse and there was our first snow on the ground, not much but, it is still the first snow.


                        This is what I woke up to this morning. Brrrr!
It's 12:05pm and I just had a bowl of Grilled chicken and sausage gumbo, perfect day for it.
I want to share a video that I am subscribed to on Youtube. Dave and his wife Brooke are a very interesting couple Please check these to out, I'm sure you will enjoy their videos.
                Bushradical  -  https://youtu.be/cN7pYqtB9fk

                Girl in the woods   -   https://youtu.be/hrjlTQ6gwzw

Hopefully, you can just click on it and go right to their videos. If not you will have to copy and paste in the YouTube search engine, trust me, you will enjoy them. 

Their videos bring back a lot of great times I've had in the past and every time I watch a video from them, it gets me to thinking about my life then and now. Too tell the truth I like the then life I had as opposed to my now life. So, I am doing some serious thinking now, was I better off then or now? I tend to look to the "THEN" and I think those of you who have been with me from the beginning know, I was a much different person because, then, I had purpose and life was a bit harder which I liked. I would like some serious feedback on what you think and what direction you think would make me happier. Remember, this is a test, I will make the decision  which way my life will go. Hope you all enjoy this post. Take care

6 comments:

518nymammaof2 said...

First snow, wow! I'm hoping the snow here holds off for another month or so! We hit the 30s for lows last week, then today it was 70!

Bushrat John said...

Hi 518nymammaof2 , our temps. are getting pretty cold in the mornings. Hope you check out Bushradicals video.

Anonymous said...

Hiya John just checking in to let you know I’m still alive n kicking. I totally understand looking at the then in our life , we were younger and just lived each day and took on the task at hand. Changes come and some we’re not ready for.I can’t do some things that I once could ,but I just work harder at the things I can do. Seems like your heart for long time has been to live at the remote cabin , but circumstances kept you from it. Hoping you can at least get there and spend time this winter.Wow love the pictures of the snow , rarely get it here down south,but I love the peace and beauty it gives. I see your still stirring up some good meals for yourself, love the looks of the steak n taters , that’s my favorite.Maybe if life ever sends me Alaska way I’ll let you cook for me lol . Happy to see your spirits are better and you seem cheerful like your old self. Had some health issues but lots better now. Been following you for few years now and we’ve both had life throw us a curve ball but you can’t keep ah good man down. Stay safe my friend Bert From Bama

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bert, thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you stopped by, I always wonder how you are doing. The remote cabin is my goal right now. I hope one day you can make it to Alaska and I would be glad to cook you a meal and show you around. Take care my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi John! Beautiful snow. It is like a light blanket on the Earth. Love seeing the steam coming out of your bowl. Bet that hit the spot! Hard to give you advice. Whatever you do, i would have a safety net and backup plan (especially if it involved living way out in the middle of winter). Maybe try to see what you liked about the past and duplicate it the best you can? What were the feelings that made you feel alive? I think accomplishment would be one. I'm praying and rooting for you! :)
Take care!
MidwestGal

Bushrat John said...

Hi Midwestgal, Yes it is, we just got more snow today but, it turned to slush, I hate that. Soup, stew, chili or gumbo, has got to be hot to taste good and hit the spot. I have all the safety nets in place. I liked everything about my past, even Vietnam somewhat. If I can duplicate my past, I would be the happiest person I can be and will try. Thanks for stopping by.