Monday, July 20, 2020

New Roof

Hi everyone, well, I finally got a new roof and it looks a whole lot better than the old roof.

The old roof
Sunday, I took a ride North about 30 miles to the Big Susitna river.

Not sure if someone was building a raft or what
Rapids under the bridge

Worked on the shop, built a loft to store things in the shop
                                  Cross braces
       Look closely and you can see the floor of the loft.

I started weed eating the back yard to prepare to have gravel brought in to flatten the ground.
This is a Black and decker battery operated weed whacker. It's lighter and quieter Than my gas weed whacker.
                      It actually works pretty good.
This is all I have for right now. Will be working on another post soon. I am trying to make them more often. Hope you enjoy. Thanks

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having such a productive summer, you're getting a heckuva lot done. Can't say the same myself, lol. Having temps that are ranging to over 100 degrees with high humidity day after day have thrown an effective wrench into my outdoor building plans. Hopefully we'll get a break sooner than later. Take care M.

AlaskaJohn4ever said...

Hi M, actually, I know how you feel. We have been having hot temperatures here so. I either work in the mornings or night time when it cools down a bit but still light enough to work. Geez, temps over 100 and humidity? That's bad.

bigfoot said...

Nice metal roof. Should last many years.
I like lofts in sheds, but don't like standing on a chair to access them.
And I have a battery powered weedeater...it's good for tender, young weeds, but not for mature, stalky weeds like Johnson Grass, etc. Much easier on my back.

Anonymous said...

Really enjoy your simple blogs of just daily life and chores in AK. Alaska is truly God’s country. Good seeing you posting these. Stay safe.

Billy Jack

Anonymous said...

I also enjoy your more frequent blogs. Have only posted a comment a time or two within the last couple of years. I enjoy seeing the work you're doing, pictures of beautiful Alaska & even your meals! lol
I live in the central part of the Great State of Texas where it's very hot and very humid!
Stay safe and most of all, stay health!
Pat

AlaskaJohn4ever said...

Hi bigfoot, I have a small ladder that works well for the loft. Surprisingly, this weedeater works well on tall weeds, you just have to work from the top down.

AlaskaJohn4ever said...

Thanks Billyjack, it's good to hear from you. Alaska is beautiful and lots of things to do.

AlaskaJohn4ever said...

Hey Pat, thanks so much for coming on and commenting. I know you have a big heatwave going on there. Stay cool and safe from the virus.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.