Wednesday, July 8, 2020

July 4th...part 2

I didn't want to post everything at once because, although people like photos and to read the blog, if it's way to long a person can get bored. This is about the dock I built and installed at Kashwitna Lake. I went to check on it a while back and noticed the water came up and upset the dock.
Well, it was my time to pull the dock out and replace it

so, I moved the dock over to the right where it works better.


This is very cool, I was driving by the lake when I saw this plane tied up to the dock. I stopped to talk with the pilot and he said he was pleasantly surprised to see a dock. He thought he would have to walk in water. He thanked me for building it and installing it and wanted to give some money but, I turned it down and told him, I was paying it forward. Since then, I have seen a lot of people using the dock to launch their canoes, paddleboards and rafts.

It certainly made me feel good that people are enjoying it. Here are pictures of me building the walkway to the dock.

               Putting a preservative on the walkway.
                             Finished product

9 comments:

bigfoot said...

Sturdy, and obviously, very useful dock.

Those battery powered circular saws are very handy. I used to use my Milwaukee 28 volt saw alot while building my cabin in 2007.

Bushrat John said...

Hi bigfoot, they are very convenient, kinda got old dragging a generator along or or using a handsaw, lol

518nymammaof2 said...

How awesome that so many people are getting use out of the dock! Love the pics of the plane tied up!

Bushrat John said...

Hi 518, I was surprised to see the plane there and other people, it feels good to see someone enjoying my creation.

Evano said...

Nice!
Paying it forward is the best feeling and a great example to the younger generation

Bushrat John said...

Hi Evano, you said it. It made me feel good as well. Let's hope the younger generation learns from it.

Anonymous said...

Hi John, so good to read your posts again. That table is your previous post is awesome and perfect for your home.

Keep on Keeping on.

Dee

Bushrat John said...

Hi Deb, good to hear from you. The table fits in just right.

Bushrat John said...

That's supposed to be Dee, darn auto correct