Sunday, April 5, 2020

It's about time, EH? Part 3 finally

Ok, well, I decided to save the best for last and I know you will enjoy this. I wanted to show the outside.
                              Moose poop outside my back door.
                       I've always wanted a back door for emergencies

                           This is how my living room looks like now

                            It's pretty messy and bare at the moment.


My plan for the living room area is to pull all the nails and screws, patch the holes, wash the walls and repaint. I am looking at a different color, just haven't chose one yet. I also, plan on pulling up the old vinyl and the carpet and either paint the floor and lay down a center rug or something else. Once this is all done, I will buy newer furniture for a rustic look. Ideas are welcomed.

Ok, now for the big surprise and I know this will knock your socks off. I drove to Palmer to pick something off of Craigslist and came home with more than I bargained for.

                                                   TA DA!

                                               Meet "SPOTS"
Yes, he is a Karelian Bear dog, 1 1/2 years old. While I was at this persons house, they asked if I would be interested in a young dog, I said, maybe. Well they opened the inside door to the garage and it was very dark in there and I heard this noise coming at me and it was this dog. He bypassed the people and straight for me. They said his name was Beam and it was their sons dog but, the son ended up incarcerated for a very long time and the family didn't want the dog. I figured, I was rescuing him and brought him home with me. I changed his name to "SPOTS" because, of his spots.
                That's a dish towel I tied in a knot and it's his  favorite toy.
Spots is quite intelligent, I've had him a couple of months now and he has learned to heal, sit, shake, lay down, come and go.
He likes this snow pile by the solar panels so, he can keep an eye out for Moose and rabbits out back.
And this spot out front to watch the road for vehicles and other animals.


I guess this will do it for now, hope you enjoy. Today it is Sunny, windy and about 36 degrees, perfect. Everyone, please stay safe out there and practice safe distancing. Take care

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great! Your home is looking so good, you have an eye that is for sure for function and style. Love the puppy, Spots, great name and does he ever look happy to be living you!

Dee

Wow are moose poops big and so close to your steps.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Dee, thanks for stopping by. The moose poop a lot also. Because we had so much snow this Winter, the Moose travel up and down my road and there is poop everywhere, LOL. Oh! He is happy. Take care

C said...

John and Spots----You boys are sure the sneaky ones keeping this secret so quiet! Nothing like a good dog for company and fun.....can speak to that personally for sure. Here's to many many adventures for you together!! So happy for you both.....(Don't get into too much trouble, now :-)
Chris

Bushrat John said...

Hi Chris, it was really hard to hold back but, I had to make sure Spots and I were a match. He sure can tire me out and he is a big eater. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Hey John
Nice looking dog. You know I lost Chewy a little over a yr ago. keep arguing with myself whether or not I should get another dog. I'd really like another dog, but ......
I really like the idea of a "back door" on your cabin.. like the layout of your "galley"...
Finally got a little thawing out going on down this way.. Right now things are about month behind...

Take Care
Old John

Bushrat John said...

Hi Kohn, thanks. Having a back door just plain makes sense
My snow is melting slow. Go for it, get yourself a new dog.

Washkeeton said...

Awesome on the dog... I hope he works out better than your last pup did. Your living room looks a might empty... LOL so you had built on the enclosed porch a while ago. Is the kitchen what use to be your enclosed front porch? Nice job... We need to come out and say hi one of these days... either on the way to or on the way back from the cabin... My sons work schedule makes it hard for us to get out there much any more.

Wash

Bushrat John said...

Actually, I built an addition on the back of the cabin. I may turn the arctic entry into a bathroom.

Anonymous said...

Hi John. Nice to see your new posts. You weren't kidding about the snow, looks like a ski resort. lol That's a nice snowblower btw, even has a headlight! Keep meaning to get one of those myself. All that work you've done is really impressive..and during winter to boot. Congrats on the new dog. A year and a half is a great age, past the worst of the puppy stuff and ripe for training. It's amazing that the moose in your area will come right up to your house...probably watching your tv with you through the window at night. lol Take care. M.

Bushrat John said...

Hi M, yes, this past Winter was a real Winter and kept me on my toes. The new snowblower was a big help and worth every penny I paid for it. The moose like my yard because of the Willows and they are safe here. Spots is an intelligent dog and has learned a lot. He's a hell of a eater. Seems to eat all the time. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Hiya John looks like life is good for you now, sure good to hear upbeat in your conversation. Nothing like a faithful dog he looks happy & settled in. Like the progress your making in the cabin. I’m looking it over and mentally decorating it for you lol I love a rustic look. Like the idea of painted floor and area rug , but carpet is warm but also a job to keep clean. Now you need to train Spots to deter the moose from fertilizing your yard lol. Stay safe with this virus going around and praying it’s gone soon, such a tragic illness to hit the world. Well take care .... Bert From Bama

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bert, good to hear from you, hope you are doing well also. Spots is a good dog, he is young and eager to lear his place here. Being a small cabin the floor does stay warm and it can be cool at times as well, I like to sleep n the floor because, the cabin can get very hot with the wood stove. I am practicing social distancing, I stay 40 miles away from town, lol. You take care.