Monday, April 27, 2020

Big changes coming and BIG NEWS

 Hi everyone, good to be on the mend and life is getting better. I am going to be making lots of changes in my surroundings and my personal life. I have decided to start getting back to my old ways and will finish up the cabin work here and finish the ground work as well.
 
 I have a few projects I need to get done here in the town cabin. So I will be working hard every day and will post as much as I can to keep everyone who stuck with me and hopefully new friends. I don't think you will be disappointed. I've sort of had an awakening and it's pretty much due to watching YouTube.

 I have spent much time watching people on YouTube doing what I have done years ago up until I retired. I actually think that my retirement played a big part in my life of being the outdoor person I was. I don't mind telling you that, I miss those days so much that, watching these YouTube channels kinda got me teary eyed at times.

 When things start happening, you will noticed the big change and I'm pretty sure you will approve. The days have been beautiful here, nice and Sunny and cool making it pleasant to work in. I have the inside of the cabin pretty much done and I think you will like it. This is another thing that has awoken me. The cabin is becoming the cozy little cabin I want.

 I am going to start a garden again which I have missed greatly. I had always looked forward to harvesting what I had grown to put on my table. Oh yeah! I plan to do more cooking and baking as well. I just want the old My Alaska Way of Living to return. Now, I know this is a lot to do but, there is a very good reason for doing this.

           BIG NEWS
Are you ready for this? Are you sitting down, Are you biting your finger nails? OK! OK! My big news is the reason I have decided to put all this work into the cabin. Next Winter, I plan to move out to my remote cabin and start working on it more making it bigger and better but, not to much bigger, lol. Start doing some clearing out there and I have been building a walkway and dock for my lake and I plan on building a few out buildings as well. I am toying with the idea of moving out there and use the town cabin for when I come to town.

 Why this change you ask? I'm 72 years old and the fact is, after 70 you are never to sure how much longer you have and whatever that number for me is. I want to enjoy the time I have left doing exactly what I love to do. Quite frankly, living on the road system isn't all that it's cracked up to be, LOL. No offense, it's me. This is what I did most of my life living in remote areas and enjoying Nature and Wildlife without any interruptions.

 Geeze, I can feel a tear in my eyes already thinking about it. It's time to man up and stop feeling sorry for myself and heal myself naturally. Living out there and keeping busy mentally and physically is the answer. I hope this will bring a little more excitement into your world to watch a caterpillar turn into a butterfly, LOL. OK! That was a little nutty. I'm running out of things to say for now but, stay tuned  for more. Take care and stay safe.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey John
I'm Jealous as hell. Go For it.. While you can.
Your right, once you get past 70 who knows how much time you have left. enjoy every minute of it.

Take Care
Old John



Bushrat John said...

Thanks John, I've had enough of this BS going on and I feel this is the right thing to do. I'm feeling better already. I will call you about the tomato plants. Thanks again

bigfoot said...

Great News!! Glad to hear it. I'm trying to get beyond " making lists" to actually DOING SOMETHING. I have my raised bed gardens up and running. Planning to build a small add-on room to my backyard mobile home man-cave too. (Better hurry, summer temps coming)
Glad to hear you're doing good and looking forward to your updates!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks bigfoot, sounds like you are going to be busy as well. I'll be glad to gardening again, it gives a person lots of pleasure. I have always thought of a small man cave byself at the back of the property. I just may. I can't wait for the Summer temps. NOT! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey John, sounds pretty awesome. Can't recall if you've mentioned just how remote your other cabin is. Definitely see the allure there. Keeping busy helps keep me in a positive mindset as well. Reminds me I need to pick up some oil and start tuning up all the outdoor tools for spring. Take care, M.

Bushrat John said...

Hi M, my remote cabin is a 3 hr. ride by snowmaking and a 25 min. ride by air. I had to get real busy today, see some clouds moving in. Thanks for stopping in.

Debi said...

can I say hi or are you going to delete my message? didn't appreciate that, John. I was never bashing you or being mean. I like to think we are friends. love everything you've done!! lots of excitement in your life!

Bushrat John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.