Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Breakup 2020

Hi folks, it's that time of the year when everything becomes wet and dirty and things start turning up I couldn't find. We have been having some sunny days but, now it is raining and has for 2 days. can't get nothing done when it rains. I did get some work in though. Tonight's dinner was ground Moose and sweet peppers, it was pretty good.

Here are some shots around the cabin where the snow is melting and I did some shoveling.


It's really ugly dirty out there. You can see my Ford Ranger peeking through.
                My trailer coming out of a deep sleep
The generator shed and outhouse had accumulated 6 ft. on the roofs, tells you how well I built them



This was the small sun tent I had bought and forgot to take down the 1st night of the big snowfall.
as you can see, got the 6x6 shoveled out although, needs more shoveling to drive it out.

Well, I did get my new empty living room furnished, I bought a Leather Boy Couch and recliner in a nice light brown leather for a $150. I think that is a good deal.


The couch and chair are very comfortable but, the chair I really like. It has these little wings by the top so, when I fall asleep, my head doesn't end up on my shoulders and I don't get a headache. LOL

That's it for now, I will be doing more work inside on the walls. I for got, I also painted the floor and rearranged the carpet and took out the vinyl. You can see the carpet above.
            I hope you enjoy, take care and see ya soon.

10 comments:

bigfoot said...

That a pretty cozy looking place. Nice furniture... makes me want to take a snooze.
Great update!!

C said...

Hey John.....Well how nice is it to improve your surroundings to your liking?! Spots seems to give his full approval too and seems like he is deciding where his favorite spot is in the joint......'Hope you boys enjoy your newly updated place and most of all have fun together! Let the snow melt away and make room for the spring flowers that are on their way.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bigfoot, it is very comfortable, only to comfortable, slept on it and I tossed and turned until I laid on the floor and went back to sleep, LOL.

Bushrat John said...

hey Carol, it is nice and cozy actually Spots is still looking for a place to settle down, he is all over the place or as far as he can go,lol. Yeah! AIl I can do is wait but, it seems to be melting fast. I am planning on doing some planting this year, especially a garden.

Anonymous said...

Hey John
Nice Job on the Cabin.. Looking good.
I'm going to have a few extra tomato starts if your interested. I always start a few more than we need... just in case.. Except for a couple hybrids the majority of the tomatoes I grow originated in the Ukraine and they are tolerant of cooler temps. I'll even offer you curb-side pickup.. Call ahead, I'll set them out on the porch and you can grab them and go... lol..

take care
Old John

518nymammaof2 said...

The cabin looks great! Very roomy now!

Bushrat John said...

Hey John, curbside pickup? What, no coffee? LOL I'll give you a shout out, thanks

Bushrat John said...

Thanks 518, it's nice to finally have something comfortable to sit or lay down on and take a nap.

Anonymous said...

The ONLY thing that I miss about springtime in Alaska is black bear season. I’m about ready to move back just for the hunting. Glad to see your doing well. Alway good to see your posts and pictures.

Billy Jack

Bushrat John said...

Hi Billy Jack, glad to see you being active, black bear, I can almost smell it roasting over a fire. You better come back because, the lower 48 is going to hell, lol. Thank you, I am doing better, some good days and some bad days. Keep checking in.