Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Winter is wonderful

 Good morning everyone. Well, it snowed again last night and my snowblower broke down because, the choke was frozen from all the very cold weather. When we got the first snow, I started it up and the choke was frozen. Because I forced it, it broke and am waiting on a new carburetor to come from the East coast. 

So I am waiting for my neighbor to come with his 4wheeler and plow  me out. Here is the new snow from last night.



As you can see, I used a lot of wood.
Not to worry,  my friend Matt hooked me up with close to a cord of wood.
Because today is a bit cold and I am waiting on a new pair of gloves,  I will stack the wood when it warms up or the gloves come. 

More snow



I got the Christmas spirit this year and it really feels nice. I really like this Wreath.
       New Christmas tree
                   Inside
I bought 2 of these for outside.


As you see, I put the new siding on the front

       The new look

I have been downsizing inside a lot and have made the interior more cozy. I got rid of the big recliner because,  it took up to much room.  Here is what the inside looks like. It is a little messy but, it will soon look much nicer.
I was looking for a small couch that fit in the cabin.

I plan on finding a more rustic cover for the couch.

I bought these pillows for the couch, they looked festive.



I am sitting here with my fire and drinking tea as I make this blog. 
I bought a new air purifier to clean up the air from the wood stove. It seems to work well.

I bought a new Mr. Buddy heater that came out it provides 180 degree Omni directional heat and 8,000 btu to 11,000 btu's you can also turn it into a cooking stove. This heater is great.




Well, I hope you enjoy this blog. I have really got into the Christmas spirit this year and I am not sure what made it so but, am glad it happened. My Christmas wish to everyone is that you will please, help someone less fortunate. This year, I purchased a lot of toys and distributed them to the many Toys for Tots barrels and it makes me feel good to provide a child with some happiness.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. 



10 comments:

Billy Portwood said...

Merry Christmas John, good post, glad things are going well for ya!

John in Alaska said...

Hi Billy, thank you so much. Yes, things are going very well, Merry Christmas.

bigfoot said...

Merry Christmas to you too John.
You are really blowing through that firewood, but in your climate that's to be expected. I like the new siding.
Thanks for the update!!

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bigfoot, thanks so much. The siding makes a big difference. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Hey John
Same problems here. Got 8" 0f new snow, and can't get the snow blower to run because the Carb is frozen, or the line is plugged, or ??? Son and Grandson came out from Eagle River and with the 4 wheeler and a scoop shovel, they got us cleaned up v vert nicely. I may have to drag the blower into the house to thaw it out. Some times y0u can fix the water problem with a can of heat.... some times NOT...
Here is wishing you a Very Merry Christmas,John, and a happy and healthy New Year

Old John

Bushrat John said...

Hi John, that's how I broke my snowblower, the choke froze up and it broke when I turned it to run. The way it was built, I had to order a new carburetor. I may look into buying a plow for my 6 wheeler. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

518nymammaof2 said...

Love the wreath, tree, and pillows! Very festive! I'm so jealous of all your snow. We were supposed to get 2-4 inches over the weekend but it ended up being all freezing rain and rain. I was really hoping for a white Christmas!
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Hiya John stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas 🎄 ☃️ stay warm and safe ..... Bert From Bama

Bushrat John said...

Hi 518, thanks. Sorry you don't have much snow which is surprising for your area. Rain I can do without. I was really happy to get in a Christmas mood. I like the pillows as well and was very lucky to find that Wreath. I hope you and your family has a Merry Christmas.

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Bert, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours as well.