Sunday, January 5, 2020

Brrr! It's cold outside

Hi everyone, the temps have dropped significantly in the past 2 weeks. They got down in the teens below 0, then all of a sudden it was below 20's and now, it as been -32 degrees for the past 4 days but, warmed up to -30, LOL. I am using lots of fire wood and will have to replenish very soon.

Had a great breakfast this morning pancakes, bacon, topped with berries and whipped.
How to keep warm on days like this
Tonight, I am making ham and cabbage with carrots, that will be in my next post. WHOA! I just loaded the woodstove and the temp. inside shot up to 80 degrees. I just opened a window, that's to hot.

Last nights dinner was really good, Moose meat and rice.
I'm making this short as I need to start on the ham and cabbage. Here is another one of my favorite videos from my top YouTuber.







   

Jonna Jinton is my favorite YouTube Chanel, her videos are incredible

Hope you all enjoy, Take care

6 comments:

518nymammaof2 said...

-32?? Yikes! I wouldn't want to make too many trips to the outhouse in those temps!
Stay warm!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks NYmamma, trust me, I'm not, LOL

C said...

Those temps are amazing!
I am enjoying the you tube samples - thank you SO much for sharing. Sometimes when you go to You Tube, the millions of choices are overwhelming and by you sharing your wonderful finds makes the visit that much more pleasurable.......and expands the experience and possibilities.

Chris

John said...

Thanks Chris, YouTube can be a wonderful way to entertain yourself. I use it for the entertainment and learn so much from it. When you reach my age, a person sometimes think they know everything. Nope, not even close. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year John! Wow that is cold! I have had that once or twice in my life and I stayed inside as much as possible!
I see you have been doing a lot of things around your cabin. As always your meals look delicious! The raspberry liqueur would be tasty on ice cream, too, after it warms up outside. Lol
I enjoy your posts even though I haven't commented in a long time, lots of family health issues this past year. Take care and best of health to you in 2020. KC

Bushrat John said...

Thanks KC, sorry to hear about your family health issues and truly hope it all gets better in this New Year. The liquor does taste good on pancakes. Wishing you a very happy New Year. Take care