Thursday, June 27, 2019

It's hot as hell and I'm not taking it anymore, LOL

Hi everyone, you will not believe how hot it's been, every day in the 80's. I just can't get any work done. I go inside, close the curtains and it's still hot. I took this picture last night around 11:30 pm. Can you believe it? The top is the outside temperature and the bottom is inside. YIKES!
I took this one a little while ago
I just now looked at my thermometer and it says 88 outside and 91 inside. Normally, I would go nuts but, I found a way to keep cooler in my favorite chair. Check it out.
I bought this small table top air conditioner at Walmart for $39.95 and it works great. It cools the spot where I am sitting. All you do is plug it in a socket or use a USB cord plugged in the computer or wherever. All you do is add water on the side area.
Then you press the round button to turn it on
The button on the left works the fan and the button on the right is for the heater, should you need it.

Then, I cooked some pork medallions with Tuscan seasoning
Add a nice salad and you got a great meal, Mmmm! Mmmm!
Another problem having this heatwave is, I'm inside with my computer and having Amazon and Ebay at my fingertips, well, you know the rest. I bought a new Video camera from Amazon for $149.95. It's very kool.
That's a microphone on top so you can step farther back and have a clear voice.
 I've always wanted a video camera and thanks to the heat outside, I now have one, LOL.

I went to the store this morning and as I approached my subdivision on the way back, Mount Denali was out in all her glory.

That's it for now, I hope you enjoy this post and just maybe it brightens your day a little bit more. Take care

7 comments:

C said...

Hi John....It has been hot here too (with lots of humidity!). I am close to being a puddle on the floor. The dogs get their walks in the a.m. as soon as the sun comes up. It is funny because when they are in the house, they forget how hot it is outside and then when they go outside, they feel it fast! Anyway, the air conditioner, the video recorder seem like items that will improve the quality of your life and that is a big plus - so enjoy! I have a question, what is that critter on the back of the green chair in the picture? Gotta go - give a salute to Denali for me - she is truly breathtaking! Chris

518nymammaof2 said...

91 inside?? Yikes! Thank goodness for your air conditioner! Maybe it's time to go to the remote cabin (if it's cooler there)! Hope the heat wave breaks soon!

Bushrat John said...

Hi Chris, Alaska has been getting hotter for a long time and I don't like it. I am not used to this heat. The little air conditioner doesn't chill the whole room but, it keeps me cool. I will have a lot of fun with my video recorder. Yes, Denali is breathtaking.

Bushrat John said...

Yep, it is way to hot. After this Summer, I will spend more time at the remote cabin. I just have to make a changes to my town cabin.

Bushrat John said...

Hey Chris, sorry, I forgot to answer your question about the critter. That is what we call an Ermine or better known to people in the lower 48, as a Weasel.

Art said...

These extremes in weather are the 'new normal.' France set a record for the highest temperature in history. At a point soon many more places will become arid and uninhabitable or flooded or a disaster with the melting permafrost. Stay cool. I liked the small A/C unit.

Bushrat John said...

I don't think I can disagree with you. I have watched the temperatures change drastically over the years here in Alaska. Records are being set all over Alaska. Thanks for stopping by Art.