Thursday, January 27, 2011

What a day

Got up around 6:15 am and sat at the table having coffee watching the sunrise. Had breakfast and then did some work around the cabin. About 12:30pm, grabbed my sled and walked to the village to pick up a package. While there, I stopped at the clinic which is also the gathering spot to sit and chat with people. Hung out and had a good time BSing with the guys there. Then I loaded up my sled and started walking back to the cabin it's about 4 or 5 mile round trip. I wished I had remembered to bring my camera. As I got onto the lake, there was a supercub landing about 60 feet from me. It was someone from the village. Where else can you walk on a frozen lake and have a plane land next to ya? I love my life out in the "BUSH" wouldn't live anywhere or any way else.  More tomorrow.

No comments: