Sunday, February 6, 2022

Days are getting longer

 Hi folks, we are gaining longer daylights, about 5 minutes a day. I'm glad about that, I just wish we had more sun. I've been working on my solar panels today, they were covered in snow and ice. So, I got the snow off with my roof rake with an old towel attached to it. The ice was a different thing. I got on the roof and sprayed the panels with de-icer and used my hand-made scraper on the panels, worked good.


Had a nice breakfast before going out. Pancakes, blueberry syrup and pork bacon. Mmmm, good.

Halibut w/vegetables. 
The top is what the whole panel looked like and the bottom after spraying and scraping. 
Got some ice build up going on, will tackle tomorrow, hopefully. 
                     Mmmm! I like pancakes
This is Ramen with vegetables and soy sauce. It tasted really good. 

Before I close, I put some videos on YouTube for the hell of it, if you want to check them out, type in John in Alaska or Trip to town part one. Let me know what you think.

                       Take care

8 comments:

518nymammaof2 said...

Those pancakes look amazing! We got hit with a "sleet bomb" on Friday. We had a good 2 inches of sleet that turned into 2 solid inches of ice. Not fun to clean off the driveway and car!! I'll be sure to check out your YouTube videos!

John in Alaska said...

Hi 518, "YIKES!" Your weather sounds horrible. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Hiya John food looks good and see your working hard outside.ive checked in. Lots but haven’t felt well & better now. So just read and not posted. Liked the videos and it was nice hearing your voice.It would be nice to see you also.Keep the videos coming it’s a bonus touch. Take care Bert From Bama

John in Alaska said...

Hi Bert, glad you are feeling better. Thanks for checking my videos out. I am having fun with them. Thanks for stopping by.

Art said...

Getting your updates is really a pleasure. You are also really talented at putting good food on the table!!

John in Alaska said...

Thanks Art, I do like good food.

Evano said...

Video’s are great, feels like I’m in Alaska!
Stay warm,

Evano.

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Evano, appreciate you stopping by.