Friday, December 20, 2019

Hostile cold temps.

Hi everyone, sorry for taking so long to post, I meant to post sooner but, it's been so cold here, I really didn't want to go out and do anything.I have not been to stores or to get water, I am using snow and melting it for water. Here is what the temp. is right now.
It's been like this and colder for the past 2 weeks. So nothing is getting done. I pretty much go outside to either get wood, turn the generator on, which I have to bring in at night so it will start. The trips to the outhouse is an adventure in itself, LOL. My front door is still fun to get to, I have to wear grippers to get down the frozen snow bank.
I took this picture the other morning about 10 a.m.
The one good thing that has come out of this weather is, the snow piled up on my tv antenna and sent it crashing to the ground, I can't show it as it is buried way under the snow. So, I have been watching Youtube a lot more and enjoy  it more than tv. I have found so many interesting videos and actually made some new online friends.

I am hoping this cold spell will end soon so, I can get the shop finished and my addition. Once that is done, I will take life a bit easier and spend time running around and taking photos. So, I hope everyone is doing well and in good spirits.

TAKE CARE

16 comments:

C said...

Hi John......Please stay safe and warm! It has been cold here too (although admittedly not to the degree that you are experiencing!) and goes a long way to encourage hibernation here. Your comment about Youtube intrigues me and begs me to ask you to create a post containing some of the most interesting Youtube sites you have discovered. Maybe readers could reciprocate with a few of theirs in the comments area (for you). Just a thought - Merry Christmas to you.

bigfoot said...

Thanks for the update. Way too cold for these old bones.
My YouTube channel has a few slide shows of our tin shack Texas desert cabin.
"Bill Terlingua".....might search it on YouTube if you get extremely bored.

Bushrat John said...

Hi C, you can bet I'm staying warm. That's actually a good idea to share my favorite YouTube videos. Thanks for the suggestion, Merry Christmas

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bigfoot, never bored with YouTube. I am on it every day. Merry Christmas.

518nymammaof2 said...

That's cold! It's been in the teens and single digits here the past few days and I've been freezing! Today we're headed to Lake Placid where it will be even colder!
Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Do you have any special plans?

Bushrat John said...

Hi N.Y. momma, Are you spending Christmas there or skiing? It is starting to warm up, it hit +9 today, things are looking up, LOL. Have fun in L.P. and Merry Christmas.

Art said...

We've hit -20F twice already this winter and the snow is deep. I took several trees down about 1/4 mile in the woods and should clean that up but snowshoeing in and dragging all my stuff just doesn't show up at the top of the list with this cold. Take care and keep warm. The key deal about the outhouse is to keep the seat in your cabin and keep it warm and carry it out with you.

Bushrat John said...

Yeah, you have been cold. I know what you mean about cutting trees in deep snow and getting them out., I use to bring my seat in but, the older I got, I would forget it, LOL. You take care and Merry Christmas.

Carol said...

Hi John boy you have been cold bbrrrrrr! We haven't had to many cold days here yet. They usually come in January and February here. We gave up T.V.here a couple of years ago. We only watch youtube now. Don't miss T.V.at all. I guess you're having a white Christmas for sure..lol. Take care and toss on another log on the fire. Merry Christmas John!

Anonymous said...

John, are you being affected by the Willow Creek flooding? Hope you're living far from that area! Take care and Merry Christmas!

Bushrat John said...

LOL, Have you been talking to my sister? She's the only one I know who calls me "Johnboy" lol. That is to funny. It is cold here although, it did warm up to +9 degrees today. Despite the cold, the snow is beautiful. Merry Christmas to you and family.

Bushrat John said...

Hi, Live about 12 miles North of Willow Creek. I do live about 3 minutes from the Susita River but that has never got close to me. The people who live by the bank have gotten flooded though. Merry Christmas to you and family.

Anonymous said...

Hey John
Here's Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year.
Going in to Eagle River to Son's house for dinner A few years ago he started a tradition of a big beer batter, Halibut Fish fry for the holiday meal... Really Looking forward to it.

Stay Warm

Old John

Bushrat John said...

Good morning John, thank so much. That sounds like a very good tradition, I like it. Hope you don't over eat and fall asleep on the couch, LOL. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well. Take care buddy

Evano said...

Your getting soft, that's not that cold. Get outside! Hehe.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Evano, it all started October 15th when I turned 72, it all went downhill from there, lol.