Saturday, May 25, 2019

Spring work this week

Last Saturday was such a beautiful day, I decided to take a drive to one of my favorite places to hang out, Upper Willow Creek. I took a PB&J, some carmel corn and a beer and sat there listening to the rushing creek. Seemed to be a lot of bird singing going on as well. I really enjoy sitting there and thinking about things to come. Here are pictures of that trip.

The old wooden bridge




"HOWDY"
Nice ice cold beer "Blue Lagoon"

Beautiful isn't it?


You just can't get enough of this
Friday nights dinner, rice and cajun chicken
Thursday, N.Y. strip, Asian salad
Wednesday, N.Y. w/buttered carrots
Tuesday, Rice, chicken, chopped carrots, celery and onion
Monday, Salmon patty containing onions and peppers 
Sunday, Fresh Halibut on a bed of sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms. 
That takes care of the meals this week. Breakfast weren't all that special, mostly donuts, apple fritters and such.


I was a little busy this week, I moved all that big firewood I got from "OLD JOHN" from behind the cabin and moved it over by the road.
I started splitting the small rounds with my new log splitter and the rest of the logs I will have cut them in halves or thirds to split them. I really like my log splitter, makes splitting much easier in the warm weather.

I have decided to build another woodshed like my original one so, I started clearing the area of trees and brush.
Clearing the dead stuff out



Done, next erect the new firewood shed.
I'm cleaning up the area by the outhouse, as I plan to put a trail in going to the back of the property. Just not sure what I'm going to do back there yet, LOL
Sad News....My little greenhouse didn't make it through the Winter, my bad. I will try to fix it.
Oh, by the way, tonight's dinner was, Salmon patty with, peppers, onion and garlic and collard greens

 It's raining today so I took a trip to town and bought some flowers to spruce up the place.

Well my friends, I hope I have entertained you today. I am starting to get back to my old self and getting out more and doing things. I wish you all a wonderful weekend and make sure you ..."Thank a VET and our "Active Duty members"



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been busy! Beautiful pictures! Careful, that log splitter will spoil you in a hurry. Great to have, isn't it. Glad you're getting out, having fun and getting things done. Good week��. Makes me look like a slacker. I've got cucumbers growing in the greenhouse, at least.

Thank you John, for your service to our country. Have a great Memorial weekend.

Susan

Bushrat John said...

Hi Susan, thank you for remembering. That log splitter allows me more time for play. Cucumbers are my favorite, the nights are getting warmer so, I can start growing. Have a great weekend.

C said...

John.....So nice to see you out and about in your beautiful surroundings. Isn't it nice when you are able to make improvements to your life that make needed tasks easier? good luck with the flowers - I just planted some here too and it does the heart good to watch them grow. Enjoy - Also - this sounds like an afterthought to this comment but it truly is not...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR NATION AND ITS PEOPLE! You have my gratitude and respect.
Chris

Evano said...

Looking good John.
Cant wait to see the new woodshed all filled with logs.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Chris, First, I want to thank you for remembering. Yes, it is very nice to have something to ease the work load so I can get more play time in.I do enjoy flowers.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Evano, I decided to go back to building the woodshed like my old one because, I miss my old Bush days, where I created things from natural materials. You have a nice weekend, it's still raining here.

bigfoot said...

Gorgeous scenery up your way.
Those plates of food sure make me hongree.
Great progress, and exercise, building and clearing for your shed.
Thanks for update!!
Glad you're doing good!!!

Bushrat John said...

Hi bigfoot, thanks for checking in. It is good exercise for a guy 71 years old. I'm really enjoying these healthy meals. Take care

Washkeeton said...

Love the pictures. Of course everything you make food wise looks good. Good to see you getting up and out. Sunshine does a body good.

Wash

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Wash, I like to eat, that's for sure. I am busy these days, lot of new things happening.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting John! Hard to beat a cold beer down by the water! -Dave in PA

Bushrat John said...

LOL, actually that's a creek but, there is something better than a beer by the creek, it's 2 beers.