Sunday, August 12, 2018

Road trip to Denali Highway....8/11/2018 Part 1

Well, I did it, finally made my road trip to the Denali Highway. It wasn't a great day to go, it rained most of the day and about half way across, I was attacked viciously by Mosquitoes every time I got out to take photos. It is a long trip and tiring. I have found at 70, I'm "pooped" after the trip. I started at 8:30 am and  got back home 10:00 pm, 528 miles later and I can say, I just went to sleep until 7:00 am This morning.

I didn't take photos of the Parks highway until I got to Cantwell starting at MP195



OK, I know what your thinking....HUH?  Yes, this is my new ride, had title problems with the red pickup, got my money back and bought this. 1989 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 with a 302 engine. This truck is perfect in every sense. Has duel tanks as well, very enjoyable to drive.

This is the start of the Denali Highway. So, our trip begins.
It is paved for about the first 3 miles
End of the pavment
To tell the truth it wasn't too bad, seems they have scrape the road to make it nicer to drive.
I stepped out of the truck to, well you know, lol and spotted this moose track
Here we go on the long journey

I saw a lot of these, use to know the name but, I can't remember. Maybe someone out there knows. They are pretty




I spotted this lonesome duck



The long lonely road

Beaver Dam
Beavers are great builders






Surprise!

Well, we are at Mile marker 120, which means 120 miles to go. Lots of pictures and I am starting to doze off. Will finish tomorrow. Hope you enjoy.

10 comments:

bigfoot said...

Looks like a great trip. How close did you get to Denali?
Now I need a nap!

Great truck!!

C said...

John......I like your truck too! Have a safe trip and most of all ENJOY!
Chris

Bushrat John said...

Hi bigfoot, not sure how close it is but, with the weather, not one inch in sight. Have a nice nap.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Chris, thanks. I'm enjoying the truck a lot. I would have enjoyed it more had it not been raining.

Anonymous said...

Hey John
nice pictures
Thats a long trip to make in 1 day
one of these summer days, I'm going to put an air mattress in the back of my GMC, take my fishing pole and frying pan and take a week or so to make that drive. Have a grayling fish fry every evening. lol

Old John

Bushrat John said...

Hey John, that's the way to do it. Grayling, eggs and bacon in the morning. OOPS! Hot coffee also. Let me know, I will tag along.

CottonLady said...


Hi John. What an awesome trip. Yep, I would have been tired, too, afterwards. Love your pictures, thanks so much for taking us along! Look forward to seeing the rest.

Blessings!

Bushrat John said...

Hi Cotton, nice to hear from you. Glad you enjoyed it so far. Hope all is well with you and yours.

518nymammaof2 said...

Beautiful even on a cloudy day!

Bushrat John said...

Hi Kimberly, thanks. Nice to hear from you. Stay tuned.