Sunday, September 13, 2020

Popular fishing spots in my area

 It was such a nice day, I figured I would take a ride and take photos of popular fishing spots within 12 miles either way of my cabin.

Kashwitna River
Kashwitna River



                                             Cut on my hand

                                     Little Willow Creek
                                           Little Willow Creek
                                          Willow Creek
                                                Willow Creek
                        Checked the dock I made for Kashwitna Lake 
                               Mt. Denali with Mt. Forriker to the left.
I was taking photos and tripped and fell. Broke my camera when it hit the pavement.

                      This is Montana Creek, a very popular spot. The walking bridge

                                     Looking up Montana Creek
                                  Looking down Montana Creek
                                       Looking up Sheep Creek
                                      Lower Sheep Creek


The pictures of my wounds came when I tripped on the walkway and fell. My camera fell out of my hands and hit the pavement and bent the lens and broke something inside. Some of the photos I took with my phone.


15 comments:

northco said...

Really nice river/creek photos.....sure makes me wish I could be walking the bank and casting!

Bushrat John said...

Hi Northco, it was a beautiful day for it. I would be out fishing but, I'm still waiting for my gravel to be delivered. I never know when they will show up. Take care

unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bigfoot said...

Picturesque creeks flowing....but not that red flow.

Anonymous said...

Hey John
Sorry to hear about your new camera..
nice pictures of the creeks, Surprised you didn't see any body fishing for rainbows.

take care
Old John

Bushrat John said...

Hi bigfoot, nope, no red flow just nice clean water.

Bushrat John said...

Hi John, sometimes I think I have the worst luck in the world. I may just use my phone for taking photos and videos. Actually, I was very surprised that no one was fishing myself. This may be the time for me to go fishing, no competition, lol.

518nymammaof2 said...

So beautiful! Truly hope one day soon I can come and experience Alaska!

Bushrat John said...

Hi nymamma, I hope you get to experience as well. People just don't know the real beauty until they actually see Alaska in person especially, in the Winter. Just to be out at night and see the Northern Lights is special.

Washkeeton said...

Oh NO!!! not your new camera? I'm glad your camera was bunged up more than you though... Wash

Anonymous said...

So sorry you and your camera were wounded. Looks like your dock is holding up nicely. Beautiful pictures. I want to travel the AlCan HWY someday and take my time doing it. I also want to stay in Alaska for a long time. Maybe some day? Retirement is a ways off. Thank you for your blog, John. Take care.
MidwestGal

Bushrat John said...

Hi Wash, yep, I am just sick about putting out all that money and only getting a week of use.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Midwestgirl, a trip on the AlCan is a really nice trip. It's been many years since I made that trip, would like to do it again sometime. I think you would enjoy Alaska as it is best to travel by road, not a cruise. It sucks breaking my camera. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Great pics of your fishing spots. What type of fish do you mainly get up there? Water looks good and clean as well, not something I can say for our local waters with any degree of certainty unfortunately.That is a shame about your camera, that type of loss would bug me as well. But as was mentioned above, at least you didn't get a broken leg, arm or fractured skull to go along with the crunched electronics. Take care, M.

Bushrat John said...

Hi M in these waters, people catch trout and salmon. These waters are very clean. I have drank from these waters. I am fortunate at my age, I didn't break anything. Thanks for stopping by.