Thursday, March 24, 2011

Today I scored

I took a trip to the village to stop and visit my friend at the clinic. When I got there, a nurse from Dillingham was having a class on Diabetes. She was giving fruit baskets to those who attended. Well, there happened to be an extra one and my friend scored it for me. While there I had the nurse check my blood pressure, HMMMMMM! It was a little high. Afterwards, I scored a blood pressure kit from her. What a day.

                            This was about 7a.m.

About 7:25 a.m.

                            Finally sunrise 7:55a.m.

                                                
                          Mugging for the camera
                                    
                                 
Heading to the village

Fruit bowl and blood pressure kit

It's an amazing thing when you live in a remote setting and the only way you can get supplies is by BUSH plane or in some cases by mail which can sometimes take forever. Sometimes it does. Seeing as we get mail only three times a week. So, whenever you get fresh fruit and/or vegetables, it is a real treat.

4 comments:

becky3086 said...

Sounds like a good score to me. I love getting free stuff that I can really use.

Bushrat John said...

Free is always good

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures John. I imagine that fruit prices this time of year are way up there in Alaska and that fruit is worth it's weight in gold! Bridgett (other wise known as Montana's mom in Colorado!)

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bridgett, living a remote lifestyle, you realize just how precious fresh fruit and vegetables can be and yes, they are worth their weight in gold. I have a friend who flies his plane to Anchorage and when he comes back he will bring fruit and vegetables for me. Unfortunately the fruit doesn'tlast very long.