Sunday, August 23, 2020

y Sunday 8/23/2020

 Hi everyone, it's a rainy Sunday and suppose to rain pretty much the whole week. I got my new camera and I really like it. It's slightly bigger and it has better features and a stronger zoom. I like the new color as opposed to the old black color.

                         Breakfast was very simple, sausage and eggs.

I have been remodeling the inside of my cabin and I pretty much got it the way I want it and no more redoing it.


This bear rug measures just under 4'. I bought 2 of them and the other one is just under 6'. I plan to mount the bigger one on the wall.

Finally, I got the property pretty much cleaned up and this makes me happy. I was  unhappy the way everything was cluttered.

I removed the deck that was in front of the cabin so the dump truck has room backing in to drop fill for the back area.
I moved the deck to the back of the cabin and will put a small shelter on it to store things in and make more room in my shop.
Here, I cleared the back area of over growth and stumps in order to get it filled in so it will be flat then, I will park my vehicles back there and have a flat area for a fire ring and chairs.

I just want to mention, I am doing this post on my new computer. I finally figured out how to do it. I found that, I had to start out as a new blog and it was a little confusing but, I did it.

Now that I have the new camera, I will try to post more often whether it is something special or something boring, LOL. Take care my friends.

14 comments:

bigfoot said...

You've been very busy with things. Looks great. I'm used to seeing these scenes with several inches of snow over everything.

Bushrat John said...

Good morning bigfoot, thanks. I know and it won't be long before the snow flies again. This time with the ground flat, it will be easier to clean up.

Anonymous said...

Hey John
That new camera looks impressive. Most everyone has a cell phone camera anymore. I got one, but don't know how to use it.
Have you ever fished the Kashwitna since it's right next door to your place? A friend and I went up to the Landing, slipped his boat just passed the landing and tied off to the bank. We hooked quite a few, but only got 1 jack and 2 silvers in the boat. Nothing like a fresh fillet of Silver cooked on the grill the same day it's caught.
You've been quite busy cleaning up the yard. I envy you your ambition.. I look at my yard and see a lot of things that need attention, I just seem to have trouble getting around to it all.
Had a nice garden this year. I'm tired of picking and shelling peas.
Takke Care

Old John

Bushrat John said...

Good morning John, Yes, I have been to Kashwitna a couple times this Summer, caught a few nice Rainbows. I went the first time to try out the boat dock I built for the lake, worked out pretty good. I just got tired of seeing all the junk laying around. Hope you are doing well. Thanks for checking in.

518nymammaof2 said...

Your property looks nice and organized! The inside of the cabin looks great too. Love the look of the red camera! Hope the weather clears up for you.

Bushrat John said...

Thanks nymamma, it was about time I cleaned up. I can't wait to use my new camera. I am hoping the weather clears up as well.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog! This is my first time commenting but have read your blog for years. Yours is one of the 3 I view everyday hoping for new posts as you have a very interesting blog. Great job!
MidwestGal

Bushrat John said...

Thank you so much MidwestGal, welcome. I'm really glad to hear you have been following and decided to weigh in. I am hoping to post more often now.

Anonymous said...

You have really been busy and your hard work looks great. You have such a nice area and your cabin is so cozy and perfect. Glad to see you are treating yourself to new things and have future plans in the works.

Dee

Bushrat John said...

Hi Dee, thanks for stopping in. I have been busy, I need to stop putting all time in this cabin so I can have time away from it. It is a nice area. I like what I have done to the inside and yes, it is very comfy. I have a lot of new stuff coming up. Take care

Washkeeton said...

Good to see your posting, I like the new camera!. So the reason I don't see the wood stove pipe is cause your planning to replace the wood stove with the oil drip? Your going to miss wood. It seems to just heat better I think. But I do understand why. I have thought many times about getting a double pop up tent and setting it up with a stove jack and using it for winter camping. It is light, mobile, and easy to set up and take down. Are you planning to use your wood stove from the house in the pop up? I wish we had more time to play. I miss just lollygagging around... With Seth's schedule it makes it hard to just spend time goofing off.

Wash

Bushrat John said...

Hi Wash, I will miss the wood stove but, with the oil stove, I can spend more time at my remote cabin. I will the wood stove in my Eskimo pop up tent and my other wood stove, I will keep as a back up in case something goes wrong with the oil stove. I plan to a lot of lollygagging at the remote cabin. Thanks for stopping by.

Washkeeton said...

I cant wait to see the lollygagging pictures from your remote cabin. LOL This will give you a chance to work on it for a while and not have to worry about time spent there... Awesomeness.

Wash

Bushrat John said...

As much as I like wood heat, it won't work at my town cabin. I will have a woodstove at the remote cabin.