Monday, September 2, 2019

Chat time

Hi all, it's been raining all day and I spent most of the day watching youtube. Which I enjoy, I learn a lot about certain things. I'm very glad for the rain, it will help put the fires out. I knew it was going to rain when I saw the sky last night.


Today, it is raining really hard and heavy thunder. Honestly, 2 times Bruce jumped on my lap, LOL. Here is how hard it rained.


Here is Bruce chomping on a rawhide bone.

Now it's time for me to chat, I have been giving a lot of thought to my time I have spent here at the town cabin. I enjoyed it a lot when I first came and had a lot of fun working on it and sharing with those of you who followed me as I worked on it and the meals I cooked.  I don't really enjoy it any more because, it doesn't seem like a cabin anymore. Being on the road system has spoiled me and I don't like it. The cabin has become cluttered with things, to many things. Because of this, I have neglected my remote cabin and who I really am. I have lived to many years in remote Alaska to move here and become who I am not. Remember me starting out? I miss it and wished I never changed it.
I miss this cabin

Now my cabin is crowded with things I don't need.

This is not me and I plan on changing all this, most everything has to go and I need to spend my time on the remote cabin. I plan to get rid of most of the stuff here in the town cabin and bring back the oil lamps, candles and get rid of a bunch of things outdoors. I am hoping those of you who have stuck with me will be pleasantly surprised to see it go back to the way it was. I know, I will not be as depressed as I have been. Who knows? Maybe some of those past friends will come back or I will get new ones. All I know is, I will feel better. There is a large family up the highway who lost everything in the fire so, I will donate as much as they can use so, I can start over as well. I will be posting more as soon as things start changing. Thanks for understanding and sticking by me. Take care



14 comments:

C said...

John.....I am THRILLED for you! You know what makes you happy and putting in the work to make it happen......plus you have a partner (Bruce) that will accompany you on this journey along with all of us. It is my hope that you will be able to continue to post and tell us of your experiences and activities going forward! Will that still happen? Best wishes on your new path and most of all have fun doing it! GO!
Chris

Carol said...

Hi John, I agree with you clutter drives me crazy! We did a big clean up here this summer and it felt so good. I know I have more to do and maybe this winter watching you it will give me the courage to get it done too. I look forward to see the cabin when your done and I know you will be happy with how it turned out. Oh and boy do you have rain! I hope it helped with the fires there in Alaska.
Take care
Carol

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Chris, it took me a long time to figure it out and everyone knows, I was much happier back in the day. I will definately keep you guys in the loop.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Carol, I'm am very ready to do this. If this helps you then, it will be a good thing. Stay tuned.

lynn said...

"Things" do crowd our minds and hearts. But do not deprive yourself of objects that give you joy and some sense of security and comfort. Don't make life harder on yourself, you are worthy of items that make life easier and comfortable. The past happiness may have been because of the newness and forging out a new existence.
Enjoy your fortunes and the free time they afford you.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Lynn, thanks. The things I have, just make more work for me and take up space I don't have to spare. I aguired these things because, they were accessible. When I lived out in the Bush, I was able to live with what I had or I made it. That is why I have the need to go back in time and live the way that makes me comfortable.

Evano said...

Hi John

Bruce looks like he couldn't be happier!
Bet he is good company too.
Possessions are a burden. You have to have a certain amount but after that they just get in the way and become something to worry about.
Always enjoy your posts, thank you.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Evano, I can't argue with that. Bruce is happy, he likes the rides and walks we do. I am certainly glad you are one of those who stuck around. Take care

Art said...

The right tools are good. As I've aged I've added the appropriate tools for leverage, to save my back, etc. There's nothing wrong with a few comforts but we all have to find the right balance. It sounds like you need to commit some time to your remote place to make it somewhere you can stay for a while. Winter's coming. Stay warm.

Bushrat John said...

Hey Art, I agree with you wholeheartedly. You are right, I need to spend more time at the remote cabin and I will this Winter for sure.

Anonymous said...

Hiya John seems like you’ve got your ducks in a row and going to declutter. Something we all need to do especially as we get older. Life isn’t about THINGS , it’s more about comfort and what makes us happy. Simple Pleasures and a Simple Life can’t be more Blessed than that. Take care ......Bert From Bama

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bert, I hope you are feeling well. I'm making headway on my decluttering. Sure and feeling less crowded.

Washkeeton said...

It is very easy to collect things on the road system, not so much off. LOL I have seen you go from a full to an empty to a full again cabin. I like the additions you have made to it. Yes clutter is frustrating... understand why you want it gone. Glad your ok and didnt have to evacuate. Seth and I went out to our place out there for the first time since June. Still standing looks the same as when we saw it last. Cant wait to see the follow up.

Wash.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Wash, I am making great headway in minimizing. This time, I am really making headway. New post coming very soon.