Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Good Morning

It's 10:45 a.m. I got up this morning and made coffee and sat at the window looking out thinking of what to do today. My first thought was breakfast. My idea of Egg salad, Asian salad, mushrooms, chunks of chicken with an egg on top and avocado sauce mixed in the salad. It was actually good.
Still haven't figured what to do so, I will tell you what I have been doing. I added another solar panel and bought a new charge controller to manage the increase in watts. It works great. 
My new charge controller
The left number is volts and the right is amps. With just one panel, I didn't get anywhere near these numbers. Now, I can run everything all day long. Refrigerator, freezer, lights, tv and so on.
I found this mini washing machine on Ebay, it measures 2'Hx2'w, 1'.15"d, this washer is great. It has a washer part and a part that spin dries.
Washer on the left and spin dry on the right. It also has a hose on the side to drain the water.
$70+$24 expedited shipping
This machine will save me time and money. The nearest laundromat is 30 miles making it a 60 mile round trip, $12 to wash and $3 to dry and my day is wasted.


Because of the weather, rain and snow, I put up a temporary clothesline inside.


As you can see, the snow is starting to melt, at least in the front.

Sunset last night
Dinner last night, Rigatoni with Hot Italian sausage and bell peppers.

OK, that's it for now. When I had asked about doing videos {VLOGS}, I didn't quite get the response I thought I would from those who commented. So, here's what I decided to do. I will attempt to do a post every other day about the day before and throw in a short video now and then. There should be a lot to talk about.

Spring, Summer and Fall is a very important time for people who live off grid and/or remote. This is when all the work needs to be done including gardening and Fall is when we prepare for the Winter months.

I hope I can entertain everyone with my posts. I plan to go fishing more and taking some road travels. As usual

TAKE CARE





14 comments:

Unknown said...

John- Your plan sounds very interesting. I would love to hear about your day, travels, garden,and winter prep.
Good luck with the fishing.

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Mr. Mrs. Miss Unknown. I do hope it will be entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Hiya John looks like you’ve made some good changes that will make life easier for you. Sure like the updates and you seem more chipper and in better spirits. When the sun is out longer and winter starts to disappear it helps in getting rid of tha moody blues feeling. Seems since I’ve gotten older it affects me more and this year added vitamin D and it really helps.Im sure the washing machine took work off you and made it easier. Like the idea of some videos it would nice to see you live and in action Kept a check on you when I could last 6 months haven’t been my best. Pinched nerve lower back has had me not able to get around well & pain. It’s some better and getting around more. Can’t keep me down long . I’ll definitely stay in touch more often, Stay well my friend.... Bert From Bama

Bushrat John said...

Hi bert, really nice hearing from you. Everything is going fine. Sorry to hear about your back pain. When I had back pain, the VA sent me to accupunture, I did 12 sessions and pain free for the last 3 years. I hope you are doing better soon. Take care.

bigfoot said...

Looking forward to more blogs and maybe some vlogs!!

Bushrat John said...

Ok Bigfoot, you got it

Anonymous said...

Hi! John, glad you are keeping busy! It's great you have enough power to run all your appliances! No need for gas and noise with a generator now! The washing machine is a time and money saver, too! As always your meals look really good! How far do you have to go to get groceries? Well I hope the weather is improving and you can work on outdoor projects, it feels good to get outside and get things done!
I bought some onion sets today to plant in the garden, can't wait to plant other things soon! Take care John and always enjoy your posts. KC

Bushrat John said...

Hi KC, good to hear from you. Saving gas leaves extra money in my pocket. I'm so glad to have the washing machine. Well, to go to a normal supermarket chain, I have to go about 45 miles one way, to go to Costco's, I would have to travel 80 miles each way.. Right now we still have freezing morning temps. It will be awhile before planting anything. Take care

Anonymous said...

Going fishing sounds like a good plan, John. Road trips sound great!

With a woodstove, it doesn't take long to dry clothes. Really like how you've added comfort, while becoming more self sufficient.

Gorgeous pic of the sunset. Thanks for sharing :)

Susan

Bushrat John said...

Hi Susan, thanks for stopping by. A few conveniences does help when living off grid and it allows me to start having a good time. I am tired of working all the time and really need some me time. Sharing is my pleasure.

Washkeeton said...

Watch him go when he gets that Elec. LOL. A refrigerator, freezer and washing machine... LOL. Love it. Hopefully the snow is gone for good now. Im hoping to start planting here shortly so I can have some vegies this summer. Looks like your having fun with your washer. I have looked for one of those but wasn't sure it would do for the heavier winter clothing... or more than one pair or two of sweats. Are you planting anything this yr? Love your green thumb. Food looks tasty as always.

Wash

lynn said...

John I have the exact washing machine and I use it at my camp. Easier than hauling laundry and bedding back and forth. It cleans very well, Im impressed this how hard it agitates. You need a little accordion stand up drying rack neat the woodstove.$12 to wash is wild. I also recycle the water, the rinse H2O I use for washing the next load. The snow is finally gone here in Maine and I put potatoes in last weekend. Keep posting.

Bushrat John said...

Hey Wash, I will never see electricity in the normal sense, I refuse to pay for those services. I may have a garden this year.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Lynn, thanks for stopping by. I really like my mini washer, it does a great job. I watch YouTube alot and noticed some off griders with the same washer. The snow is slowly going away here. It will be a while longer to plant here.