Monday, July 29, 2013

Fall is coming

Well, except for the temperatures, it seems Fall is on the way. The mosquitoes are becoming less and less which makes me very happy. Now I should be getting lots done. I know it's been awhile since I have done anything blog worthwhile. I do have some pictures to share, they aren't spectacular. This was the temp. yesterday.

I painted the deck on the free trailer I got

I am preparing to move my outhouse tomorrow. I have 3 strong young boys coming to help me. This will give you an idea what it looks like today.

As you can see, it is starting to lean

I plan to move it 6 feet back and here is the new hole. It won't be very deep, I dugged down 3 feet and hit water. Not a lot but, enough to not want to dig anymore. So, it won't be deep. This is the new hole

My property is starting to green up some.

Took some random shots of clouds and Sunsets













By the way, I had this old TV antenna laying around so I decided to try it out and it works. Got to watch Americas got talent last night. LOL  Technology at its finest.

We got rain a couple of days ago and the white streaks are raindrops. I think they are kool.





These are 2 sections of the deck I got for free and this spot will be the shop/storage building.

On Sunday, I made a special meal for myself

It turned out good and tasty, Spiral noodles, Sweet peppers, onions, spinach, diced tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.

My table setting, that is a bottle of  homemade Strawberry wine. Mmmmmm!

Life is goooood. Well, that pretty much sums it up as to what I have been up to. I have figured it out that, I can't afford the multiple trips to my remote property by commercial air so, I will wait until the snow falls and go out by snow machine and haul everything or most everything out there. I will shovel the snow around the cabin and build the new addition and cut wood as well. It will keep me busy during the Winter but then, that's what it is all about. I'm sure by then, I can find some help. Thanks for reading.

15 comments:

becky3086 said...

I really enjoy your pictures. Especially the ones of the sky and the rain streaks. Your meal looks wonderful as well.

CottonLady said...

Yea, new photos!!! And good ones, too. Really enjoyed all the sky and sunset/sunrise ones. It looks like you live in beautiful area, John.

Glad the mosquitoes are less...we have some huge ones now since it rained and left big puddles everywhere. I'm sure you are looking forward to some Fall-like temperatures, too.

Now you have something to look forward to doing this winter...good for you!

Blessings!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Becky, I need to eat better, more veggies and maybe a little less pasta. Glad you got your roof and ceiling fixed.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Cotton, I was getting bored with my pictureless blog. I really liked the rain photos. I can hardly wait for the cooler temps. It will do me good having work to do during the Winter.

Unknown said...

I envy your life, I know it is not an easy one but I admire that your days are your own to spend in pursuit of the life you want to live. As always your pics give a glimpse into another part of the world that I have dreamed of seeing in person for years. Thank you for the post ! That meal looked great , I want to learn wine making. Take care, enjoy the approaching change of season, here in Florida that won't happen till the end of October .

Bushrat John said...

Hi Laura, really nice to hear from you. Thanks for the comments. I enjoyed reading your blog and see you have big plans yourself. I will check you out more often. Stay tuned.

grammie g said...

Hi John... I just had a chance to get to some commenting,and you where high on the list : )
You sure rustle up some good looking grub...love your colorful plate looks like a magazine shot : )!!
Love those sunset,and sky shot's just beautiful there!!
I do like the rain ones,and the reflection of the insides,and you in it!! Real clever!!

I see your getting the important things done "like moving the back house : ) !!
Good paint job too!!

Grace
PS thanks for your real nice comments on my post...you are to kind!!

Bushrat John said...

Hi grammie, I always look forward to your comments, your quick wit makes me smile. I really enjoy your blog, the photos are fantastic, colorful and just beautiful. Thanks for your kind comments. I really got to get a move on my projects. Take care

Anonymous said...

Fire weed around here is going to seed. I'm not ready yet. Got a few more things to do. Lol

Wash

Bushrat John said...

Fireweed here is still good, I can't wait for Winter.

Carol G said...

Hi John, why did you have to move your loo? Was it too close to the house and stinky?

I enjoyed your pics in this one and the next.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Carol, it didn't stink at all. It was to close to the cabin and in the way of a new deck I'm going to build.

Bushrat John said...

LOL, thanks Carol

Theodore said...

This is awesome!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Theodore and welcome, hope you stick around and read the rest of my blog, take care