Monday, December 12, 2011

Getting better

First of all, I started the renovation on my new outhouse.
                           Before

                            After


OK, this was my attempt at a little humor. Things are seeming much better lately, I think it is because of the time of the year. Christmas time is by far my best time of the year. One day this week, I am turning in my Android and will just have basic cell service. I actually like coming to the library to use the Internet. Having it at the cabin spoils my down time. I spent yesterday shoveling snow.





   I had to make snow steps, the hill was getting slippery.


I have a few more projects to do and the weather is so nice, it is easier to get into them. This time of the year, I enjoy many things, shelter, food, warmth and my health. Not to mention the fact that I am in control of my life and no one else is. But, lately, I have been thinking about those who are a lot less fortunate than myself and many others. I bring it up because, the other day I stumbled on to a local radio station and the host kept talking about the homeless being drunks, druggies, dirty, smelly and a few other nasty names. I can't help thinking no matter how they got there, they are someones mom, dad, brother, sister, you get the point. It just saddens me that these people on talk radio who probably have a good home, has the means to help these people, rather than kick people while they are down. Their voice is heard in many parts of Alaska and can't help thinking they are a part of the problem fueling hate among people. So, as a New Year resolution, when I see someone down and out I will try to help in any way I can.
 On a lighter note, somewhere around the end of January, I am gong to help one of my Bush neighbors out, building a new cabin. I will look forward for that time. This is what Bush people do, help each other out when needed. I hope the weather gets colder, as I am planning to go to Skwentna this weekend. Last weekend was a bust.
 I am getting in my Bush mode, had powdered eggs and dehydrated hash browns for breakfast these past two days. Tomorrow morning, French toast made with powdered eggs and moose sausage. Life don't get much better than that. I am also going to build a temporary outdoor shower. I will provide a picture when done but, will spare you on how it works,LOL.
 So, that is my post for today and hopefully, I will have more to share on Wednesday. Take care.

No comments: