THE BUSH LIFE

THE BUSH LIFE
My old boat on Six Mile Lake

THE BUSH LIFE

THE BUSH LIFE
My tent cabin on the Kvechak River

The Bush Life

The Bush Life
My old buddy "KAYAK"

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Change is happening

  I kind of took that first step, next Monday I am turning in my Android phone. I have a regular cellphone I will just hook up for phone calls for right now. I will make trips to the library 3 times a week to use the Internet to get messages and update my blog. Yep,I am weening myself off this Internet addiction so to speak. I believe that our lives have been taken over by electronics and is spoiling everyone that uses it. Not to mention how much information is gathered about your personal life. I had 5 credit cards and I cut up 4. I will keep 1 credit card and my debit card for now then, some time down the road I will use checks or cash. I want to keep myself less dependent on modern technology. Ever since I was introduced to the world of Internet, I lost the personal touch. I will start writing letters again, send postcards and cards for all occasions. There is just something wrong with receiving or giving an Ecard. We are losing our human status.
  I am starting  to get all my stuff together for the move back to Skwentna and I am deciding now to either sell or rent the town cabin. It is a great little cabin and in a nice area but, it just isn't the Bush. I don't feel the freedom like one has in a remote area, don't see the wildlife or feel the quietness. Not to mention, the grader keeps plowing my driveway in, I've never had to worry about that before,LOL.
  I actually feel at peace with myself now and find myself reading more and getting things done and not being lazy. I haven't been on Craigslist in a week and a half. I have been going on walkabouts and they were nice but,it made me a bit nervous seeing it is strange surroundings.
  The trooper, ah yes, there is something that really drives me nuts. I have been trying to narrow down the problem and just can't figure it out yet. I know it is not getting spark but, can't figure out why. I can't find a mechanic out here willing to come here and see if it's a simple or hard fix. The garages want me to tow it to them so I can pay $90 to $100 an hour. I might be better off trying to sell it or give it away and be rid of the headache.
  So, here I am sitting in the town library, it's about 20something degrees and a light snow is falling, drinking a diet pepsi and snacking on pretzels. I'm the only one in the hall on the Internet. Nice and quiet though. Guess I will head on back and make some coffee, put another log on the fire and read. Hope everyone has a nice day. Later

I will be at the library Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
That's when I will moderate comments. The jerk with the mouth is still stalking my blog. Sorry

No comments: