Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Nuttin going on

 Hi everyone, I figured it was past time for posting. Don't have much going on at the moment, I still haven't heard back on my tests so, not sure if that's good or bad. I did clean up my back property and am waiting for truck loads of pitrun {gravel fill} and dozer to spread it. I did clean up the property and it doesn't look as congested as it did before. I don't have any pictures as I broke my camera again. I had it on the tripod and the wind blew it over. I am waiting for a new camera that I ordered from Amazon.
 In the meantime, I started breaking out my camping gear that I haven't used in a long time and put them all together so I can do some overnight camping. Not sure if I have mentioned it before but, I bought an Eskimo Ice Shelter and am going to turn it into a hot tent. I bought a stove jack to attach to the tent so, I can use a wood stove in the Winter. Yep, I want to do a lot of Winter camping starting this year. I feel it will be a great time.
 There is something special in the Winter camping in a tent having a fire outside under the stars or even in a light snow fall. I kind of feel like I have been held captive to my cabin for to long and it is time to get away. I know I have said this before but, this time it's for real.
 This year, I am hooking up an oil drip stove so, I can get away more without everything freezing. This way, I can spend more time at my remote cabin for more than a day or two. The solar panels should keep my refrigerator running.
 So, when my new camera comes, I will have some new pictures to show everyone. Thanks to all of you who have stuck by me. Take care.

4 comments:

bigfoot said...

Looking forward to hearing about your camping adventures.

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Bigfoot, the Winter camping should be fun.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some interesting gear. I may have to google a few of those to see exactly what they are.The oil drip stove for instance and the Eskimo Ice Shelter. Cooler weather's not that far off, campings more enjoyable, for me at least, when it's not broiling outside. Take care, M.

Bushrat John said...

Hi M, try YouTube there are many videos on turning an ice shelter into a hot tent. I picked this because, it only takes 5 minutes at the most to set up or take down. and they come in many sizes. We still have warmer days but, the evenings are perfect. Thanks for stopping by.