Sunday, August 30, 2020

Hatcher Pass Sunday 8/30/2020

 Today was a pretty nice day so, I decided to take a ride up Hatcher Pass. First, I made myself a great breakfast. Scrambled eggs, Hash Browns and Sausage.

                                   The ride up Hatcher Pass, Upper Willow Creek
If you remember, there was an old wooden bridge over this creek, I looked for the photo but couldn't find it. Early this year the creek flooded out and took the bridge out.


                              Here are the remnants of the bridge. Looking down on the start of the bridge.
                                 The other side of the bridge.





                         The old mine shaft halfway up the mountain






                                     Snow at the high ground

                                              Clouds moving in

                             I named this spot, "Inspiration Rock"





Dinner tonight, pan fried chicken breast on a bed of Butter beans with a side of sauteed sweet peppers.

                                     Had a visitor watch me eat.

                                             Got some nice cloud shots


Well, that's it for today. It's 6:30 pm and it started raining so, I will come up with something more enjoyable soon, I hope, LOL.

                                                   Take care

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Beautiful country! Your food always looks so good. Even the squirrel looks like he/she was drooling. LOL It has been really hot here in the Midwest lately and I can't wait for autumn.
MidwestGal

Bushrat John said...

Hi MidwestGirl, That whole area is beautiful and quiet, that's why I like going there. The food tasted good as well. That squirrel can eat. He climbs up the wall and has figured out how to get at the bird feeder. I can hardly wait for Winter, I love the snow even if I complain at times. LOL

bigfoot said...

Gorgeous scenery!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, good to see you enjoy and sharing this. My wife and I were married up there. Hatchets Pass is truly Gods Country.
Great memories, thanks John.

Billy Jack

C said...

John....Nice to see your post and that you are out and about enjoying the beauty around you! We have had some weather challenges in our area so getting out on a cool day sounds very appealing. A new puppy at our house forces us outside even during the most inhospitable weather but you gotta do whatever it takes to get "business" done..Glad to see that you are well and that the squirrel is supervising your activities with such enthusiasm! Enjoy - and I look forward to some more pix with your new camera soon.
Chris

518nymammaof2 said...

So beautiful! I love seeing Alaska! I see those fall colors creeping in... Temps have started to drop in NY. I'm not ready for summer to end but I do love the cooler weather.

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Bigfoot, it is always nice to see it

Bushrat John said...

Hey Billy Jack, you picked a great place to get married.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Chris, thanks for the kind words. Yes, a puppy can be a lot of work, good luck with that, lol. I am feeling much better these days and enjoying my time outside. The squirrel makes sure I'm busy.

Bushrat John said...

Hi nymamma, the cooler Temps are really nice. I still can't wait for Winter. Stay cool mamma, lol.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics with great detail. Really conveys the sense of a vast wide open space. I'm enjoying the cooler weather as well, a good long mild fall would suit me fine. Enjoy your new camera. Take care, M.

Bushrat John said...

Hi M, I have to give my camera a lot of praise for the great photos. I am enjoying the cooler temperatures now. I can get more work done. Thanks for stopping by.