Sunday, December 1, 2019

Wow, finally got a decent snow storm

Hey we finally got some snow, a little more than I expected. It snowed here for 2 days straight and accumulated Just under 4 feet. It caught me off guard. But, Matt and I did get the shop framed in so, that really helped a lot.
               Looking from the road. my new Ford Escape on the right buried

My shop framed in




I plan to build a back wall as soon as I can get the snow cleared out then, the sides and roof.
The lump in the front is my snowmachine and the back one is my trailer.
This is the porch and my little roof over the door collapsed
                                                 The porch

                         At least my wood shed is still standing, LOL
                                                  My front door
                                This is the blue pop up tent I had
                                    Looking out to the road.
The outhouse {red} is leaning from the snow, I have wood pallets on the other side to keep it from tipping over.
I did have a good breakfast this morning, fried potatoes with 2 eggs sunny side up.

Well that should do it for now, I will have a post on cleanup and whatever else in a day or two. Hope you enjoy the photos and will see ya soon. Take care

14 comments:

Rumbarr said...

John, I have a question. Over the years I noticed you use paper plates. Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to use ceramic plates ? I'm really curious about this. Stay warm =)

Bushrat John said...

Hey Rumbar, I just don't like doing dishes, LOL....maybe someday

C said...

Too funny! I don't like doing dishes either but I have a house rule here - the cook does not clean up. Since most folks would prefer to eat and then clean up - that leaves the cooking to me which I much prefer! I guess it is easier on the psyche when you wash dishes or clean up with a full tummy! Enjoy the snow......

Bushrat John said...

Well, seeing there is only me, I can't delegate the dish washing to anyone else and if I argue with myself about it, I will lose, LOL

bigfoot said...

Now that's alotta snow. !!

Bushrat John said...

It sure isbut, I have that new snowblower that works like a charm.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, John. 4 ft. That's a lot of snow lol. Looks like you've got a good bit of clean up work ahead of you. Besides your snowblower, do you have a plow that mounts on any of your pick up trucks to clear the road and larger areas? Take care, M.

Bushrat John said...

Hi m, no plows, my property isn't that big and the snowblower is doing a great job but yes, I still have a lot of work. Thanks for stopping by

518nymammaof2 said...

Wow, 4 feet! We got 2 feet in NY and I thought that was a lot! As always, your breakfast looks delish!

Bushrat John said...

Hi 518 ny, yeah, it will take me awhile to get it under control. That breakfast tasted as good as it looked. My sister lives in Upstate and she keeps me updated on the weather there.

Carol said...

Wooohoo John! Yes you got the snow. I wish we had some snow instead of all this darn rain grrrr! Glad you got your shop framed up in time. Must have been a heavy wet snow was it to take your little roof off above your front door? Thanks for sharing all those nice snow photos....even though I am jealous..lol.
Take care
Carol

Bushrat John said...

Hi Carol, I sure did, I wish I could send you some. It was a lot of snow and very heavy. I'm still doing clean up, more pictures to come. You are welcome, I enjoy sharing pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hey John
Fried potatoes for breakfast, boy that takes me back to the farm. M y Grandma cooked Bacon and eggs and fried spuds most mornings for me just as soon as I got the cows milked.. (I retired from farming at the age of 17 when I joined the Navy).

My snow blower crapped out half way through all the snow removal.. its was only 19 yrs old, they just don't make them like they used to...! Bought a new one at Lowes.. They gave me a military discount and that was really nice.. GrandSon is coming out Saturday to learn how to run it...

Wishing the Yentna would hurry up and freeze up so we could get out to the remote cabin and shovel all that snow off the roof, before the cabin starts to look like your shop did....

Stay warm

Old John

Bushrat John said...

Hey John, I like fried potatoes, I can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner [must be the Irish in me], LOL. I retired from school when I went into the Navy at 17. Lowe's is very good with the military discount. Gee, I figured you would buy a sit on snowblower. Mine is working very well. I was just thinking the same thing about my remote cabin as well. I've seen a few of the creeks up this way still open but, they may not freeze soon, got rain coming, yuck. Take care of youself old man. Keep a straight wake.