Tuesday, November 19, 2019

New addition and 1st snow....Yahoo

Hello everyone, you remember me don't you? LOL. Things are coming along nicely although I am a bit behind. The addition is almost complete.
That's my friend Matt above who is helping me



                           I will be putting a window in on this side.
                                       Sorry for the blurriness

                                   I think it looks pretty good.
The best part yet is, we got our first snow for the last 2 days, Finally



I have a new sign for my outhouse. Actually, Matt found it among my scrap wood and put it up, I laughed so much. But, it's perfect.
The broken window in the back of my truck, is my fault. I had something large and it slid back when I was going uphill. I may get it fixed, we'll see.
So anyway, we have about 6" right now and I am happy. This year, I plan to stay on top of it now that I have a super duty snowblower. Last year was a big mess. I hope everyone is doing well and I will try to post more often. Thanks and Take care.

9 comments:

bigfoot said...

Great, large addition. Looks like almost doubling your floor space.
Maybe some plexiglass with hinges? So you can still see out the back window of your truck?
Looking good!!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Bigfoot, that addition will give me a lot room. I did think of plexiglass. I may try and do it myslf.

Anonymous said...

Hey John
You might be happy to see all that snow, but I would have preferred a smaller dose. I had 8" of heavy snow covering my drive. Took a long time to get it cleared with my snow blower. On the proud side though, my 12 yr old grandson in Eagle River made a pocket full of money going door to door with a snow shovel offering to shovel the little drive ways in that subdivision... I wish he lived a little closer, I'd pay him to clear mine with my snow thrower.
your addition is looking good... good thing you had a roof over it when it started snowing.
Are you going to have to move your wood stove, or add a 2nd stove, or ??
Plexiglas would work for that Truck window, but it gets kinda hard to see through after awhile. 1/4" plywood would work too...
Stay Warm

Old John

Bushrat John said...

Hey John, Mine was wet and heavy also. Like you, I had wished the same thing. Got caught with no snow tires on my truck. Sure would be nice to be young again. My stove will stay where it is, I think it will do the trick, (fingers crossed). Haven't decided yet on the truck yet. You take care now.

Carol said...

Hi John, Your new addition is looking great. Your getting it closed in just in time with the snow arriving. I am like you I love to see the snow arriving, it is just warmer for some reason. I can never warm up until the snow arrives. We have only had a few flakes here. We have been having a very wet fall. Love the sign on the outhouse too...lol. I remember many years ago driving the old lawn tractor onto the back of our truck and took out the back window...lol...ooops! Well take care John and enjoy the snow!
Carol

Bushrat John said...

Hi Carol, thanks, I'm excited to get it closed in and make lots more room. When I'm done, it will look nice. Thanks for stopping by, hopefully the work will be don soon.

Evano said...

Nice job on the addition John!

I smashed my truck window out twice- gave up the second time and just patched it with a piece of aluminum sheet that I had lying around. Worked fine.

Can't wait to see the final product! Are you putting in a bathroom still?


Bushrat John said...

Thanks Evano, I appreciate the comment. I'm not sure if I will fix it or not, rain and snow don't get in there much. I've got a shower in and maybe I will put a sink and compost toilet in. I don't want to get to civilized, lol.

The Real Illuminati Temple said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.