Sunday, October 13, 2019

Good news and sad news

Hi everyone, I will give you the sad news first. Bruce is no longer with me I'm sorry too say. He's been a great joy to have with me but, his destructive behavior inside had gotten way out of line. I couldn't leave him inside with out destroying anything he could get a hold of. I left him inside for 10 min. while I went across the road to help a neighbor, he ripped his bed apart and the green chair I had in the cabin, things I had on the floor was spread all over. This is way to much bad behavior. So, I gave him to a good friend of mine who has a big home, 60 acres and a big family that can keep an eye on him. I will look for another companion that is not destructive and yes, I will miss him.

On the other hand, I have been very busy downsizing and building. Tonight's dinner,
 As you no, Fall is upon us, we don't have many colors but, what we do have is nice.


Remember when my wood shed caved in? Well, here is the new wood shed.


Stacking lumber to start building the new addition on the back of the cabin. Will start this coming weekend weather permitting.

I forgot that I told you I was taking Bruce to Hatcher's Pass. We did go. On the way





                       On the road to Hatcher's Pass


                          Up this hill is an old mine



                             Road to Summit Lake




                                   Summit Lake






The days are getting cooler and the nights even more cooler so, time for a fire.
Well, that concludes this post and more to come. I hope you enjoy this post. Take care.

8 comments:

bigfoot said...

Hate to see Bruce leave, but if he's tearing up everything, you don't have much choice.
Great scenery on your drive.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bigfoot, Thanks. I just can't afford that situation, I;m sorry I had to do it.

Anonymous said...

Hey John
Sorry to hear about Bruce.
Nice looking "wood" shed, but you got all your tools and toys parked in there, where you going to stack your wood ? LoL
Finally got the garden finished. gave a lot of the excess carrots and brussel sprouts to the food pantry. Gotta like this time of year. The Birch and Aspen in their bright yellows. But I think the bright purple of the high bush cranberries is the prettiest. Wonder how long it's going to be, before lightning lights all that dead spruce at Hatchers Pass on fire. The Swam Lake smoke made it uncomfortable here this summer.
Stay Warm John

Old John

Bushrat John said...

I'll stack the wood around the toys, lol. That was nice of you to give to the pantry. They are nice when they turn golden. But, this time of year is when the mornings get colder and the frost on the trees are nice. I am not comfortable about the dead Spruce, I dread next year. Thanks John and take care of yourself.

Carol said...

Hi john, Great to hear from you I know you have been busy as a beaver. Sorry to hear about Bruce but it is great you found a really good home for him. I hope you find another as they are such great company. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos of Alaska, such a beautiful place! We have been having a few fires here as well, it is cooling down at nights here. Can't wait to see your cabin when your done and all your other projects you have on the go.
Take care

Bushrat John said...

Good morning Carol, I'm sorry about Bruce as well. I am going to be pretty busy as we approach Winter. I want to get the addition dryer in before the snow falls. I hope the fires where you are are put out soon. Take care

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the Bruce situation. Sometimes when you take on a dog that someone else raised, they come with behaviors that are difficult to change, separation anxiety or whatever it may be. I've known people who would "crate" their dogs for the better part of the day while they were at work to prevent exactly that type of destruction, but, in my opinion, that's really no life for the dog. As difficult as it must have been to part with him, sounds like the right decision. Winter's coming, take care, M.

Bushrat John said...

Hi M, I don't believe in creating dogs, choke chains or anything that makes a pet uncomfortable. I will make sure the next one I get has no bad behaviors or it will be behavior school. Take care.