Wednesday, August 14, 2019

What's happening?

Well, not a whole lot but, Bruce and I are getting along quite well. One of his favorite things to do is.
                                Inside and out
         Although, when he gets a nice bone, he gets active
                             He does love his bone
Bruce has settled in nicely and he listens to me very well. He does have to work on his pulling a lot and that is whenever he smells or spots an animal. I am going to enroll him in an obedient class. One of Bruce's favorite thing to do is run alongside my 6 wheeler and let me tell you, he can run. On Monday, his squirrel buddy was taunting him and he got up and ran after him under the snowmobile trailer and got hung up...."OUCH" 
So, Tuesday morning I took him to the Vet, they shaved around the wound and put some cream stuff on him and gave me a tube to use on him every day. So, let's hope he heels well.

I decided to put some fill on the side of the cabin to make the ground flatter and put some chairs out there and I bought a popup tent to sit under when the Sun is hot or it's raining. Here I am shoveling and moving the dirt.



Here is the result of my labor, still have more to put down.

Dinner last night, nice and fork tender Pork, it sure was good, LOL
This was tonight, sliced N.Y. strip on Hash browns
I met this guy at Kashwitna Lake and found out he lives down the highway from me. He had his grand kids there cleaning the place up and cutting all the over growth. He mentioned something about a dock. People launch their canoes, rafts, catarafts from the bank. So, I told him that I will build one and set it up there. This is what I built out of pallets.
The wood is a bit uneven because, my planer wasn't working right so, I took it to a repair shop and they sent it out to DeWalt to get properly repaired. It's nicer than what's there now. When I take it to the lake, I will take pictures and post them.

Well, that's it for now and I will post more real soon. Take care

11 comments:

bigfoot said...

Great update. Hope Bruce heals quickly!

Bushrat John said...

High bigfoot, I certainly hope so as well.

CottonLady said...

Good to hear from you, John! Looks like you and Bruce are doing well. You are fixing up your place really nice! Love all your pictures.

Blessings!

Bushrat John said...

Hey Cotton, thanks, I'm working to much on my place and not enough on me.

C said...

Hi John....
It is so heartening to hear that you are enjoying helping out a neighbor! Sometimes the best mojo we get is when we give of ourselves to others. I am sure that Bruce will heal just fine and continue to enjoy just being with you on your adventures since it kind of sounds like you boys are of a similar mindset! 'Looking forward to more updates on you, Bruce, the dock and your place....Thanks! Chris
P.S. Does it feel like fall is in the air just yet?

Bushrat John said...

Hi Chris, it is starting to feel like Fall, still a little warm during the day. The scary thing is, Bruce and I are of the same mindset. Kind of scary, lol

Anonymous said...

Hey John
I thought it was about time for another "Bruce and me Adventure"..

Nice job on that Dock.. A friend and I keep talking about going to Kashwitna lake and fishing for trout... but it's too warm now.. maybe later next month...

In this summers heat wave, I've found that setting outside in a lawn chair, in the shade, with a breeze is much better that setting in the house hoping for a little wind to blow through.. You'll enjoy that shade tent you put up..

tight lines

Old John


Bushrat John said...

Hi John, I think this dock will help out and look better than what is there now, basically nothing. I agree, I like sotting outside, especially in a cool breeze.

Washkeeton said...

I like the looks of your new friend.... How is the fires out your way today? The evac is out at the turn off to my place out there. Hoping it doesn't burn down. Your looking good. I have been sick this summer... Started with a 105.4 fever and went down hill from there. Thinking I'm finally on the mend. Food looks tasty as ever.

Wash

Bushrat John said...

Hi Wash, so far the fires are under control and/or contained. Hope it stays that way. I think your place is safe. Hope you are on the mend.

Washkeeton said...

They evacuated up to the Sheep Creek Lodge last night... today they started the first mile of Hidden Hills road... that road by the way, is the only way in or out of all that building area. So why only the first mile. If the fire closes off the road, then every one in that Sub D is stuck there. Just saying. Anyway the one by you that grew 400 acres last night... you are on my side of that one and it is moving away from you toward Wasilla correct???? Just checking on you to make sure your ok and dont need anything or not in danger... If you all happen to be as windy as we are here in the Palmer/Sutton area, I see those fires totally getting out of control.

Wash