Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Fire update, New dock and Bruce's bed

Hi everyone, I want to thank those who showed their concern for me and Bruce regarding the fire. At this time, the fire is 78% contained. It's been crazy, they were stopping traffic at Kashwitna Lake and held the traffic for a pilot car. Luckily, locals were allowed to bypass the traffic line.
Here are photos of smoke at the start of the fire.




Starting to clear up

I decided, when the fire is out and for sure safe, I plan to get insurance for my property. These last 2 fires were way to close.

As you all know, I was working on a dock to put it at Kashwitna Lake. I finished it and installed it at the lake. Looks pretty good.
The line you see is temporary until I get some chain to secure it permanently.
The mornings have been getting chilly here. The temps. have been 34-45 degrees in the mornings. Bruce has been sleeping on the floor and the floor does get cold, mainly during the Winter. So, I decided to get him a bed, the bed I found that would fit him and be comfortable cost me $44.95 believe it or not. It wasn't until we got home that I found out why so expensive, it's a "SERTA" he has a better bed than I do. LOL

He's got it made.

So, we will start doing more things now that I don't have to worry so much about the fire. I think we can start going places and spending more time away. I know I'm ready. Hope you enjoy this post. Take care

12 comments:

bigfoot said...

Glad you avoided disaster. We have a similar dog bed, that's heavily used. Thanks for the update!

Bushrat John said...

Hi bigfoot, thanks, I think it will get back to normal for me and I feel bad for others close to me who lost their places.

Anonymous said...

Hey John
Glad to hear you didn't have to evacuate... It's so sad those that do have to evacuate and set in a shelter wondering what if anything they'll have to go back to.
The last I heard there were 50 homes lost and 80 some "out buildings" which I suppose is there way of counting barns and shops and anything else.

Nice looking dock. we should do something like that up at the cabin.

Insurance might be the way to go.. If it's affordable

Tight lines

Old John

Bushrat John said...

Hey John, thanks. It would drive me crazy wondering if I had anything to go back to. Not sure if I would survive the next one that is close. The dock is being put to use already. I believe insurance would be a good thing. Hope all is well for you.

CottonLady said...

Hi, John! So very glad the fire didn’t get to your place and that you and Bruce are safe! So sad hearing about all the fires in your beautiful state. Tell Bruce he is so lucky to have such a great bed! Take care and enjoy the lake.

Blessings!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Cotton, it seems like Alaska is changing weather wise as well as otherwise. Bruce really is enjoying that bed. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Carol said...

Hi John, I am so glad everything turned out ok for you and Bruce. Your dock looks great. I am sure Bruce is loving the new serta bed. He will be warm for the winter. Thanks for the update we were thinking of you and Bruce.
Take care

Bushrat John said...

Hi Carol, thanks for checking in. Bruce is enjoying his new bed, he has got it made. People are already enjoying the dock. So far, we are safe but, it's still burning. Take care

Debi said...

thank goodness you are ok! love Bruce's new bed. he is living the life, and it is because of you. :)

Bushrat John said...

Hi Debi, thank you for your concern for Bruce and I. He certainly has a good life with me.

Anonymous said...

So good to know you and Bruce are okay and I think Bruce was heaven sent to you!

Dee

Bushrat John said...

Hi Dee, thanks so much, we appreciate your kind words.