Thursday, July 11, 2019

Settling in, life is getting better

Well, it seems that Bruce is settling in fast, he is enjoying himself getting attention. He is resting after a day of laying around, LOL.
He loves his squeaky hot dog toy. 
Not so much his moose toy, so far, a leg is gone and he is working on the nose. lol
Last Sunday, I made him a special breakfast, Bacon and eggs. He gobbled it up fast.
He does like being outside

I finally took Bruce to my favorite spot, Upper Willow Creek.
I think he liked the view
Bruce is looking for fish or Dogmaids, lol
Bruce enjoyed drinking the cold fresh water
Looking for a place to water, lol
C'mon, let's go

This year, many of the trees by Upper Willow Creek are dying from the Spruce Beetle


This haze comes from 2 fires burning 20 miles North of my place.


DAVID C. CHURCHILL

Sergeant Churchill suffered a heart attack and died while hiking up a mountain to check on a hunting party. Sergeant Churchill was with National Park Service rangers during the search. After he collapsed they began CPR and he was then flown to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

He had just been promoted to Sergeant in September of 1998. He had served with the agency for 12 years and is survived by his wife.

The weather has been extremely hot, high 80's and the highest got to 96 degrees. Everyone knows how I feel about hot weather. About a week ago, I called every major store in Anchorage and Wasilla, not a fan or air conditioner to be had so, I went on Amazon and ordered a portable air conditioner for $298 and paid $18.95 for 2 day shipping. When it came, I didn't stop to read the instructions, I just put it together and have been enjoying ever since.

The day it was 96, I had the air conditioner going full bore. It sure felt nice. Today it finally turned cool. We also got some rain which will help the firefighters out.

Yesterday, I bought a really nice dresser and a bigger one than I had. $50

Well, that's it for now, I will have a another post in 2 or 3 days with lots of changes coming up. Take care from me and Bruce.


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading about Alaska and record temps. Glad you got that AC.
I've got a "best friend" dog that shadows me everywhere I go.
Thanks for the update!!

Bushrat John said...

It is just getting crazy up here. It seems to be getting hotter every year. I sure hope we don't go into meltdown load. Bruce is the same way. Always at my heels. Thanks for stopping by.

Jim said...

Glad to read you are enjoying life more. Bruce is one very handsome guy. Have a Great Day!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Jim, he is handsome. Things are looking up.

C said...

John......We have our AC going full tilt too! Besides keeping us cool, we have to keep our two dogs cool as well. Love hearing of the "John and Bruce Adventures" - - keep them coming!
Chris

Bushrat John said...

Hi C, I try to keep it simple in my life but, when it comes to that kind of heat, give me modern. Bruce isn't complaing either, lol.

Carol R said...

Thank you so much for all the photos. It seems amazing that Alaska is having the same summer temps and humidity as Wisconsin. Makes me be an inside girl.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Carol, it makes me an inside guy, which I don't like. But, the cooler temps. are returning, just don't know for how long

518nymammaof2 said...

Bruce looks like he is enjoying life! So sad all those trees are dying from the spruce beetle. Hope they can find a way to eradicate them.

Bushrat John said...

Hi 518, Bruce is surely enjoying himself. They will be eradicated for sure, it will be fire unfortunately. It's only a matter of time.

Anonymous said...

Hiya John looks like Bruce has settled in and claiming territory, and I’m sure enjoying his breakfast of bacon n eggs. Thank goodness you got an air conditioner, makes life comfortable. The older I get gotta have my creature comforts lol . You seem happy and upbeat and good to hear that again. Sometimes we go thru valleys and it’s sure nice when we get life together. I for one surely understand that. Hope there’s beneficial rain to put out all the fires an get rid of all the smoke. Nice looking dresser and I’m sure it won’t take long to fill all those drawers up. Well take care Ole friend and I’ll write again soon. Take care Bert From Bama

Bushrat John said...

Hi bert, yep, he is settled in. It didn't take him long to scarf the bacon and eggs up. The air conditioner was a good buy, no way could I put up with that heat, it was brutal. Bruce is a special dog and I knew we would be good for each other. We did get some rain and it helped some but, the fires are still active. The dresser is full already. Take care of yourself.

Debi said...

Bruce is such a handsome boy, and I'm glad he has settled in nicely! we are having some high heat and humidity this week, and it has me dreaming of autumn already. love the dresser, and what a great buy! also good to have the air conditioner. I never liked it until a year ago. now it seems I just can't tolerate excessive heat so it is a blessing. loved the pictures! :)

Bushrat John said...

Hi Debi, he is a good looking guy and seems to be happy. We finally got cooler weather and it feels nice. Autumn and Winter will be welcomed for sure. I hate the idea of an air conditioner but, the heat was worse. Glad you enjoyed the post.

Carol said...

Hi John, I finally got time to sit down and get caught up on blogs and I am so excited to hear you have a handsome doggie. He is a beauty for sure. Please give him a hug from me...I love animals! I have been hearing that Alaska has been hot, glad you got that air conditioner for you and Bruce. It's so sad to see all those trees dying. Makes it bad for forest fires I am sure. I am happy to see you blogging and doing well
Take care
Carol

Bushrat John said...

Hi Carol, great to hear from you. Bruce is the best thing that's happened to me in a time. We make a great team. Seems things are changing for the worse, the heat, trees dying, fires and crime is increasing here. I got back to blogging because of Bruce. He's a great companion. Take care

Anonymous said...

Hiya John hope Sunday’s being a restful day for you and Bruce, it’s been a lazy laid back one for me. Weather here is getting a break dropping down to mid 80’s this week & a couple nights of 60 wow been waiting for that. Have a friend whose moving to Bethel Alaska soon taking on a new job. It’s going to be a big change and experience. Climate and cost of living differences. Looked up info about Bethel very small town and mostly cabs to get around not many people have cars. It says in a very remote area in & out by air only. I’m anxious to hear how they adapt. Well you and Bruce have a good week... Take care Bert From Bama

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bert, I'm going to assume your friend is in the medical field. Bethel is small and most ride their 4 wheelers atv's and so on. It's cooled down some and Bruce is doing fine and enjoying himself. Take care

Evano said...

What views!
Beautiful country
Bruce looks like he’s got it made too.

Enjoy.