Friday, June 21, 2019

A beautiful day

It's Friday, 5:05 pm and the sun is shining bright. It got to 81 today, "Whew" way to hot. Started out this morning with coffee.
                                       Breakfast

FYI: Today is Solstice and the longest day of the year, 23 hrs. 36 seconds. So now, we will begin to lose daylight.

Today started out just fine, I had a truck load of pitrun delivered.

You are probably wondering what I am up to now.I decided that it was time to add an addition on the back of my cabin so, I ordered the gravel to make the ground even.
I started to fill in the back but, it was way to hot and I was miserably sweating so, I stopped came inside and started watching Youtube. It has become my favorite past time. Building cabins, Winter, Summer and Fall camping. Anything that involves the outdoors and off grid. To give you an idea about what I will do. Check out this picture.
That is the back wall of my cabin, picture a door opening splitting the new room add on. On the right will be the kitchen and on the left will be a bedroom, leaving the whole front room open for more room and less crowded.

I also bought a used refrigerator that runs on propane and electric. The reason is, so I can get away for 1-3 days and not worry about food spoiling. It's 12 cu.ft. and even has an ice maker, which I can't use. I got it for $500.

I took some photos of the back of my property and it has become very green. In the back, I plan to build a small "man shed" from free pallets. I've always wanted to do it so, I figured it is time. I will do this after the cabin addition.


As you see, I got to use my new washer and it is great, saves me time and money.


Had a visitor while doing laundry
He wanted to know if he could do some laundry, LOL
My property is becoming really green.
As far back as those tall trees is where I will build my pallet cabin. I will put in a small walking path.
Dinner tonight salad with tomatoes and imitation crab meat with a light Balsamic Vinegar. 
Time to brush the chimney
I didn't even fall, LOL
Well, that's it for now, I have a friend who coming over to help me with the addition. Not sure what day he is coming but, Whatever day he doesn't come, I will be taking a road trip North. Take care




16 comments:

bigfoot said...

Wow, it really is green around your place.
I'm not so sure I would climb up on that steep roof. The thought of falling makes me cringe.
That addition oughta be a nice upgrade to your cozy cabin.

Bushrat John said...

Makes me cringe as well but, it has to be done. The thought of fire makes me cringe even more.

Debi said...

hi John! I can't wait to see the addition being built. also the man shed will be really cool! I love the long hours of daylight during summer, but I honestly don't enjoy the heat. take care!

Bushrat John said...

Hi Debi, great hearing from you. I think the man shed will be cool a very cool getaway place. I don't care for the heat as well but, I would rather have shorter days. Summer nights under the stars would be nice.

Anonymous said...

Well shucks. My comment disappeared. Blogger ate it up. Just like your little visitor would've done to that scrumptious salad :)

20 degrees cooler here in Western Washington. Last week we were breaking records...95°!

Addition sounds great. I think you'll really enjoy having a bedroom.

Glad you were sure footed up on the roof. Nasty chore, but a very necessary one.

Enjoy the coming improvements, John. Who knows? They may bring that special someone into your life you've been wishing for.

Best regards, Susan

Anonymous said...

And enjoy your trip!

518nymammaof2 said...

Your breakfasts always look so delicious! Hope you post some pictures from your road trip up north!

Bushrat John said...

That darn Blogger, he/she shold mind their manners. It's hard to figure the weather up here any more. IIt's 1:15 and 71 degrees. I will enjoy having more room and not being cramped. I don't think anyone is interested until I have running water and a flush toilet and that will be a long wait, lol.

Bushrat John said...

Thanks

Bushrat John said...

Hi 518, thanks. I definately.will

Anonymous said...

Have you considered a composting toilet?

Bushrat John said...

I have but, I'm fine with an outhouse.

Anonymous said...

I meant for a significant other ;)

Bushrat John said...

No, every woman I have met said, they need running water and a flush toilet. That's the way women are today. As I have always said, I would enjoy being with someone who enjoys my lifestyle.

Anonymous said...

So, a compromise is out of the question? What if she is okay with an outhouse, but needs running water?

Bushrat John said...

Running water means a high expense. I don't know the reason for running water. I have water for whatever needs. Both hot and cold. I stay clean and cook just fine without water. Off grid means off grid.