Saturday, May 11, 2019

I tried

Yep, I said I would try to post every other day and I tried, lol. It's been raining this week and couldn't get much done. So, I will post when I can. Today, it's pouring rain and I have been watching tv and dozing off various times during the day. Breakfast this morning.
Dinner
Asian salad with chicken, cashews and wonton strips.
As you can see, the majority of snow has disappeared. Quite a difference, eh?
Actually, the snow you see is gone.
Beautiful day? Nah!

I bought this fuel container, it holds 30 gal. I got tired of taking a bunch of 5 gal. containers to get gas. It cost $98 to fill. It should last for quite a while.

I got very lazy this Winter and just putting stuff in my shop any place and it got crammed so much I couldn't walk in there. It was time to clean it up.

Before
Before
Before
After
After
A very long time ago, I posted about how I like to sleep on a hard surface. I've had people ask where is my bed in this small cabin, I decided to show you how I sleep. Mind you, this is not for everyone. This is a very comfortable chair and my bed. I know some are going HUH? and others are scratching their heads. Stand by for the rest of the story.
You add 3 plastic milk crates
Add Cushions
Then, a blanket
and the main blanket and you have a comfortable bed, for me at least, LOL.
There you go, my bed.

In Alaska, when you are living simply, offgrid or remote, one has to use their imagination when living in a small cabin. I have been doing it for so many years, it just comes to me naturally. I will close for now.

TAKE CARE 



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey John
had to chuckle when I saw your bed... 1968 on the Island of Okinawa, I came down with some kind of lung infection. Couldn't lay down to sleep. So my wife bought a big black recliner for me to sleep on. Now today with this damned COPD I some times have to get up in the middle of the night and go snooze in my laZboy.

I should hire you to straighten my shed. Half afraid of what I'd find way to the back in those dark corners..I sure hope this isn't going to be a wet summer. I'm ready for some sunshine.

Old John

Bushrat John said...

Hi John, first, I want to thank you for the cartoons you sent me, very funny, lol. I have a neighbor who sleeps on his recliner. I tried it but, I couldn't do it. I can doze off on my recliner. You would have to pay me a lot to clean your shed. Mine tired me out, lol. The only good thing about the rain is, it gives me a reason to be lazy, lol.

Evano said...

Hi John, looing like a palace there now!
Looking forward to seeing your remote place again too.
Enjoy the Spring weather!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Evano, I'm hoping for good weather as well. I'm looking forward to getting out there, that will be my Winter project.

bigfoot said...

I would wake up on the rug with that bed. I flip left and right all night.
Nice gas transport tank!!

Bushrat John said...

Hi Bigfoot, You should give it a try, it's actually comfortable. I like my gas transport, it makes life a bit easier.