Sunday, July 1, 2018

Hi everyone

                                                   Happy 4th
                                                        Of
                                                        July

I guess some of you missed me and wondered what I have been doing. I haven't really doing a lot. We've had lots of rain and now the weather is going back and forth. Towards the end of breakup, my buddy came to visit before he heads off to the Interior to be a real Moose, lol.








                                        If you look closely you can see he is growing horns

I finally hired a company with a stump grinder to grind down the stumps, He ground 35 stumps.







I was kinda depressed so, I figured I would do something about it and I bought a 1998 Ford F150 XLT 4x4



Then I decided to buy a couple of batteries for my solar system, They are not cheap. $800 for the two

These are the first Wildflowers in my yard

It is usually Sunny in the morning and during the day and this is what happens around 5:00pm

Dinner tonight N.Y. Strip and salad.
It is time to start cleaning up and change a few things. I've been feeling kind of crowded and decided to do something about it. in these next photos, I moved a few things around. Now that there are no stumps, I moved my trailer farther back.

Remember my woodshed I built by my outhouse? Gone
I moved it to the back of my cabin
I cleaned that area by the outhouse, needs a little bit more.
I moved my snowblower, chipper, small stump grinder and dog sled to my woodshed for the time being.
My Solar panel at work, it has saved me a lot of money on gas not having to use my generator
Last but not least, This is what the back of the property looks like currently
Well, that is going to change, I have plans for the back area but, I will keep you all wondering until I start working on. At this time, I will not be doing anything with my remote cabin until this Winter. I hope you all enjoy your family and friends this 4th. Remember to keep fire extinguishers close by if you are having fireworks. Take care

18 comments:

bigfoot said...

I clicked over to your blog this morning intending to comment "where are you John? Hope all is okay".... and here is your latest update!!

Nice Ford truck, should last a long time.
And great progress on your place. You have been busy!!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Bigfoot, good to be back. Lots going on and more to come.

Washkeeton said...

Always busy. I’m going to have to come seeyour solar set up. Glad to see you back

Wash

Bushrat John said...

thanks wash, you're welcome to come check it out.

Art said...

Thanks for the update. Can't decide what I like best...the moose or the truck.

Bushrat John said...

Hey Art, I know what you mean, the Moose is free and the truck costs money.

Anonymous said...

Nice looking truck John, Now you can haul more stuff

Have a happy and safe 4th

Old John

Bushrat John said...

Thanks John, you are right about that. I will be able to make it up hills with a load, LOL. Hope you are having a good Summer. Happy 4th

Carol said...

Hello John nice to see you blogging. I have been the same just to busy to blog a lot. You got a nice looking truck there, it will be great for hauling things. Nice of your moose friend to stop in before moving on..lol. Great to get rid of the stumps, I would imagine they are dangerous to trip over. I would love to have solar but around here it is expensive. Love the wildflowers. Can't wait to see your plans for the back area. Thanks for sharing!
Take care John!

Carol

Anonymous said...

Great to see an update John! Beautiful truck. Had to go back to check the year....fantastic shape for being a'98, especially up there!

Take care. Have a wonderful and productive summer.

Susan in Washington state

Bushrat John said...

Hi Carol, the Moose are here because, they know they are protected. Not getting much done, last few days, it's been in the 80's, YIKES!

Bushrat John said...

Hi Susan in Washington state. I have been checking Craigslist daily 6-10 times a day and so far, this is the best deal.Hope you have a great Summer as well.

Debi said...

wow, you have been very busy. nice to know you are ok. take care, John!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Debbie, good to hear you are still checking up on me.

C said...

Hello John....Admittedly, I have not checked your blog in awhile since it has been a while between blog posts lately - but to my surprise this morning, there you are! The area where those stumps were will be much more versatile for you now which will give you some more breathing room. Being a city girl who is now a country girl, it took me a while to realize that when you take down a tree, felling it is only part of the job..... :-) We have started our winter firewood gathering now so trees are foremost in my thoughts these days. The truck looks mighty nice - my favorite color for a vehicle has always been red - so I am kinda partial. Enjoy the new wheels and the bigger space and most of all, have fun! Chris

Bushrat John said...

Hi Chris, I apologize for the delay in posts, just had a few issues going on as well as being a bit lazy. Getting rid of those stumps makes life easier. This truck was a very good deal and will make things easier, I will sell the other truck. Thanks for checking in

becky3086 said...

I have been trying to get back into blogging but I just don't have a lot to blog about. I changed jobs (God help me, I now work at Wal-mart, but they pay better than anyone else and I have to actually move more and work more which I feel is good for me). I also have more days off and am enjoying getting back to doing things here. We are just in that "stuck" mode. We are trying to find a better place to live and just not finding what we need. It was nice to come here and read what you are doing. Love the new truck. We bought a new (to him) SUV for Phil just recently. It is so nice to have a couple of dependable vehicles for a change.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Becky, WOW! It is a very nice surprise to hear from you. I have missed your comments I understand about blogging, I was the same. I suppose if you stay away enough, eventually you will have something to say. Sorry to hear about your living situation. I only have one word, ALASKA, ALASKA, ALASKA. Ok, 3 words, lol. Hope you stick around.