Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Once more, bad luck has struck

This morning, I received a call from Randy informing me that he had an accident with his plane. He said he was on his way out to his cabin and as he made his approach to land, something happened to veer him off course and he hit the top of a tree and then to the ground. He wasn't severely hurt except for some bumps and bruises, he is complaining of pain in his shoulder. He is home and feeling really down. He has been flying for about 40 years without an accident.

The funny thing is, he felt bad because it will be awhile before he can take me out to the cabin. He said he will try to find someone, I told him not to worry about it and he should take time and work on himself. Flying is his bread and butter. He needs to find someone to take over his obligations so he won't have to return money to his clients and he can have some income.

I feel really bad for him and if I was a rich man, I would buy him another airplane. So, I guess I will work around my town cabin and hopefully take some road trips with my camera and fishing pole. That's about it for now and will update you on any changes.

15 comments:

Washkeeton said...

I'm glad he is ok...not a good situation to be in really. Is his plane fixable or is it scrap pile material. The way you wrote your comments it doesn't sound good for the plane. I'm sorry that your plans were put off again. Road trips are good.

Wash

Bushrat John said...

Hi Wash, he's not sure it's fixable or not. It pretty much depends on what the insurance company says and when he gets to check his plane out. He can't do anything until the NTSB is done with it. I'll survive and yes, road trips are good.

Penny said...

My best to Randy and I hope you keep heart, as well!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Penny, things will turn out for the good.

Rain said...

That's scary news, I'm glad he's going to be okay and I hope he finds someone to take over while he's out of commission. Fishing pole! Alex and I have done so little fishing this summer so far because the weather has been so cold and rainy...plus those black flies kept us inside a lot. Can't wait to see pictures of your fishing trips!! What do you fish for? We catch and release and mostly catch bass, perch and crappie. We don't have a boat so we can only fish from the shore for now.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Rain, thank you for your kind words. Randy is an old timer Alaskan and will come back. I hope to start soon and the pictures will be fun. We fish Salmon, Trout, Ling cod, Pike and whatever else we find. I fish to eat. Catch and release to have fun.

Rain said...

Oh my, you are lucky to have salmon. I would keep salmon. We did keep some rainbow trout last summer. A neighbour was kind enough to bring us out on the lake in his boat. I caught a muskie once...that made me nervous, he was a big fella! :)

Bushrat John said...

Alaska is a Salmon state, to date the largest Salmon caught was 95lbs. Muskies do get big. Very thoughtful of your neighbor

Anonymous said...

40 years with only one accident! How's Randy doing? Alaskans are a hardy bunch😉

Now you'll have extra time to work on your home place. Still thinking of selling? Decisions are seldom easy.

Happy 4th!

Susan in the Pacific Northwest

Bushrat John said...

Hi Susan, Randy is still feeling bummed but, getting better. I'm working working on the town cabin in between the rains. Got some neat projects coming up. I've put off selling. Think I'll keep it. Happy 4th back at ya. Stay tuned

Harry Flashman said...

I'm glad the fellow is ok. If you fly long enough, your luck will run out sooner or later. I started flying , civilian and military, in 1973. Made my last flight in a Civil Air Patrol T-141 in 1995. After that, I couldn't pass the second class physical anymore.

I sure hope the fellow gets his aircraft back up and on line.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Harry, Randy is very resilient and will be ok. Right now, it's up to the NTSB and the insurance company.

Carol said...

Hi John, Sorry I am so late catching up on the news. I am sorry to here of Randy's plane crash, I am just glad he is ok. I hope he gets flying again soon with either that plane fixed or a new plane. I am sorry to hear it puts your plans on hold too.

Bushrat John said...

Hi Carol, his plane is beyond repair. He's doing fine and am sure he will be back in the air soon. Thanks for your kind words.

Unknown said...

i agree. thanks for sharing the nice post.
หนังไทย