Friday, April 20, 2012

Breaking news

I think this is what everyone was waiting for. I have made my decision on my remote living status. I am notgoing through with the 40 acre deal. The owner decided he didn't want to make the trade but said, he wouldn't mind if I go ahead and move up there and live anyways and keep my other properties. This is still a good deal but, not for me. So, I have decided to................................................{long pause} to move back to the Lake Clark area and settle down. I made a deal with the owner of the lodge to caretake during the winter for no pay and he will provide me with an area to build a cabin and that there will be no obligations, I come and go as I please and pretty much do what I want. He said that was an offer he couldn't refuse. I have been with him for 10 years and know he is very trustworthy plus, he is a Territorial Alaskan and that means something in Alaska. I will keep my properties for now and use the remote skwentna property when I want to get away and the town property in between. I may offer the town property to someone to stay in it for the winter free as a caretaker. I plan to build another cabin on the town property for me. I am also thinking of allowing those who want to experience living in the BUSH to use my remote cabin in Skwentna as a way to get started and see if this lifestyle is for them. I made this decision because, I have always liked and enjoyed the Lake Clark area. Over the years I use to fly over it and think that one day I would settle there. Many of you have seen the pictures from there and know what I mean. Anyway, that is my decision.

This is Lake Clark

12 comments:

Evano said...

The good news is that you are happy!
Hang onto the town property, you may need it when you get a lot older or as somewhere to stay if you need to visit a doctor etc. one day.

Am happy for you and a little envious of your new adventure.

Keep us all informed via your blog!

Bushrat John said...

Thanks Evano, even in my younger days, Lake Clark was always in my future.I'm envious of myself also,LOL

becky3086 said...

If you are happy, that is all that matters :)Will be watching to see how this new venture goes.

Bushrat John said...

Yep Becky, I'm happy and it is final

Anonymous said...

Hey john
I think you made the right decision John. I think you'll be happier. That 40 acre deal kinda worried me because the other guy kept changing his mind..
Got the cabin cruiser cleaned up, tuned up, Gear stowed and will probably drag it to Homer in a week.. Go fishing for some fresh Halibut.

John

Bushrat John said...

Oh John, you have me being envious. Save me a piece of halibut, good luck

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful area. Who wouldn't kill small bunnies (and eat them) to have a place like that. :)


R.

Bushrat John said...

Hi R, yes, it is beautiful and that is why I have been drawn back to it.

Anonymous said...

I really thought you were going to choose the remote property... But WOW that picture says it all. Yes it is beautiful out that way. I can see why you chose what you did. Along with already knowing the area, people and all. I can honestly say I am jealous... Beautiful...

Wash

Bushrat John said...

Hi Wash, I think there were a couple who thought the same thing, including me. It's a hard place not to return to. How are things in your search?

Anonymous said...

Not well. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going about this all wrong. LOL Either that, or the time for me to find property isn't right. All comes to those who wait. Maybe I'm trying to be in too much of a hurry and need to be patient.

Just as happened to you, where your heart is, presented its self at a time when it was important. I need to just be patient.

Wash

Bushrat John said...

Sorry to hear that Wash, you're right about being patient. I'm sure it will happen.