Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hi everyone

Well, it's a beautiful day and cold. This morning I woke up to -30 degrees and was snug as a bug with my new woodstove I bought last Wednesday. Sorry, I took pictures and forgot to download them on my computer, next time. Since my last post I have mostly been just keeping warm. Had a great time installing the new woodstove. First of all, it was heavy, it took all I had just to lift it up on the porch to get it inside. Stupid me, I decided it would be easier to roll it end over end, "OOPS" forgot about the firebricks inside. HUH? No, they didn't break luckily. Anyway, I bought new stovepipe and we all know how fun it is to snap them together. I called my neighbor who happens to be a musher and he came down to help me, he held the stovepipe while I snapped them together. Then came time to put the damper in, oh yeah, that didn't go so well either. I put it in but, it didn't want to snap in right so, I use a hammer on the end of the handle and yep, broke the damper in half. So, my neighbor drove me to town 26 miles roundtrip to get another one. He put that one in, thank goodness.
  The stove works great but, sometimes it can run you right out of the cabin. I think I have it figured out now. The stove I bought has a window in the door and sure makes it nice at night with the oil lamps. Speaking of which, I broke one of them which was frosted and now I need to locate one. Probably Ebay. I got the outhouse built also but, don't remember if I loaded a pic on here. If not, that will have to be the next time. I thought I would check in and let  you all know what is happening. My plan is to keep current as much as I can.

No comments: