Saturday, November 12, 2011

Back again

I apologize for taking so long getting back into blogging. I have been very busy working on the new cabin on the road system and actually have it almost 100% done. It is livable.








  I think I did a fairly good job. It's cozy and warm. To tell the truth I really am not that happy being here and am trying to make a decision on what to do. I find being on the road system is way tougher than being remote. I am making plans to return to my remote property soon, I hope. I have some issues I need to tie up here first.

 I am presently in a library and people have their kids running around, screaming and bothering everyone. They are driving me nuts. I hope I get through this without a meltdown. Anyway, I am kept busy, shoveling snow, harvesting firewood and just finished my new outhouse. Which, I forgot to take a picture of before I got here.

  I had a friend who stopped by yesterday who has a cabin out by my place and was a welcome visit. I don't get many visitors here,the people who live around here seem to keep to themselves. The interesting thing is, most of the people who live close by have no electricity like myself but, run everything either by generator or solar panels. Although close by there is a section with very expensive houses with electricity.

  I bought a 1988 Isuzu Trooper to drive while here and that has bitten the dust. It turns over but, won't start. I am trying to locate the problem.


   There a quite a few mushers around and I am trying to meet them because they are the closest I will find who enjoys the BUSH. DeeDee Jonroe is about 2 miles down the road from me. I did make friends with a guy who lives around the corner from me and lets me come and do laundry once in awhile. He seems to be a recluse because, the locals don't associate with him. Maybe because we are both Vietnam Veterans we get along.

 This is from where I get my water, it is about 3 miles down the road.


 There is a creek within 5 minutes from me but, not sure about the water. I will try it soon, if for no other reason, I can use it for showering.

  The one interesting thing about here is, I am surrounded by people but, I may as well be remote. They kind of stick to themselves or have their own little clique?


  I hope everyone is understanding of my tardiness in keeping my blog up. I will try to do better in the days to come. Hopefully soon, I will be out at the homestead.  Take care and wish everyone a great winter.

No comments: