Monday, May 16, 2011

Another day and Another blank

  Since my last post not much has changed. The weather is gloomy overcast. The ice did go out. We had some very high winds which helped to push it out. I kind of been stuck inside. Today, I did go out and walked around to see if anything is worth photographing. There are no flowers, only brown grass, bare trees and the same birds that have been around. Although, I did see my first robin the other day. I have 15 more days before heading to Anchorage. Then prepare everything to get up to my land and get busy building.

  Here is a little human interest story. There is a woman in the village who has 1 daughter at home. A while back she went to Anchorage and was at the Northway Mall. While walking around, there was a business there renting store space and selling misc. items. Anyway, she went in and was looking around and she saw some computers and thought it would be nice to have one. Mind you she knows absolutely nothing about them. They had a computer they showed her and she liked it and decided to buy it. When she got back to the village the computer wouldn't work. I and some friends checked it out and found it had no operating system on it. I informed her of this and she said it worked when they showed her. They took her to the cleaners. They had loaded the operating system and then unloaded it after she paid $199.00 for a brand of computer I have never heard of. She tried contacting them and they gave her the run around. Of course they were no longer in that store. I felt bad for her so, I had an ACER computer that is 3 years old and loaded with everything. Today I cleaned everything of mine off and took it in and gave it to her. I also threw in my my old Canon 3.2 meg camera along with a case for the computer. She was very happy and it made me feel good doing something for someone. She handed me $50 and I told her to keep it. I guess that really made my day, hers to I suspect.

  The moral of this story is, when you feel kind of down in the dumps, do something special for someone and it will brighten your day.

No comments: