THE BUSH LIFE

THE BUSH LIFE
My old boat on Six Mile Lake

THE BUSH LIFE

THE BUSH LIFE
My tent cabin on the Kvechak River

The Bush Life

The Bush Life
My old buddy "KAYAK"

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm getting a headache

Today, I just about drove myself crazy. I have been trying to find stuff that I need for my new cabin and it is nuts trying to find things and prices from long distance. First of all, I have to go online to find phone numbers, I make calls and when I tell them what I am looking for, they transfer me to the person I need to speak to. The phone rings 3-8 times and then, I get cut off. So, I call back and get transferred again, this time wrong dept. They transfer me again and when I get the area I need, the person says, I will have to get someone who knows about this stuff. "YIKES." I called Costco to get a price on a small chest freezer and they tell me, they can't give prices over the phone. I tell them, I am in the BUSH 200 miles from them....."Sorry, policy". That's OK Fred Meyers gave me everything I needed. Don't even get me started on Craigslist, these people put ads on and when you call them, it already sold and they don't take their ad down or you leave a message and get no answer in return. Not to mention, some of them are selling used stuff for nearly the price of new. I tell ya, I can't wait to get to the road system to get things myself. I have a good friend who has been helping me out but, I feel bad having him run everywhere. I can't wait to get the new cabin up and settle back to piece and quiet. My biggest goal now is to find someone with a Supercub on floats to make a few trips this summer to my place. I have called Air Taxis and they want an arm and a leg to fly 10-15 min. to my place. I think I need to brew a nice cup of tea and wipe it all from my mind.

No comments: