Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm getting a headache

Today, I just about drove myself crazy. I have been trying to find stuff that I need for my new cabin and it is nuts trying to find things and prices from long distance. First of all, I have to go online to find phone numbers, I make calls and when I tell them what I am looking for, they transfer me to the person I need to speak to. The phone rings 3-8 times and then, I get cut off. So, I call back and get transferred again, this time wrong dept. They transfer me again and when I get the area I need, the person says, I will have to get someone who knows about this stuff. "YIKES." I called Costco to get a price on a small chest freezer and they tell me, they can't give prices over the phone. I tell them, I am in the BUSH 200 miles from them....."Sorry, policy". That's OK Fred Meyers gave me everything I needed. Don't even get me started on Craigslist, these people put ads on and when you call them, it already sold and they don't take their ad down or you leave a message and get no answer in return. Not to mention, some of them are selling used stuff for nearly the price of new. I tell ya, I can't wait to get to the road system to get things myself. I have a good friend who has been helping me out but, I feel bad having him run everywhere. I can't wait to get the new cabin up and settle back to piece and quiet. My biggest goal now is to find someone with a Supercub on floats to make a few trips this summer to my place. I have called Air Taxis and they want an arm and a leg to fly 10-15 min. to my place. I think I need to brew a nice cup of tea and wipe it all from my mind.

No comments: