Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Denali Highway

This is one of the most beautiful back roads anyone can travel on. I have been going there every summer for as long as I can remember.  I remember one time, someone I had met on the highway, he said to me, "you are the first person I have ever met who leaves the remote BUSH and comes here for a vacation". I never thought about it that way. I will tell you, if you ever want to get away from the hectic life, this is the place. It is about 135 miles long and most of it is gravel and potholes. But, I love it. There are some services along there but, you should make sure you have extra gas and a spare tire, maybe two. LOL

I love my life


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful picture of the Denali Highway! You could publish a book of your experiences over the years and use your pictures in the book.

Carol G said...

I have a question. I've heard that you have to win a lottery to drive up to Denali. Do you know how that works? Obviously there is a road you can take every year... Where does this road go and what do you do when you get there?

Carol G said...

Just leaving another comment so I can hit the "notify me of follow-up comments" box...