THE BUSH LIFE

THE BUSH LIFE
My old boat on Six Mile Lake

THE BUSH LIFE

THE BUSH LIFE
My tent cabin on the Kvechak River

The Bush Life

The Bush Life
My old buddy "KAYAK"

Thursday, January 27, 2011

What a day

Got up around 6:15 am and sat at the table having coffee watching the sunrise. Had breakfast and then did some work around the cabin. About 12:30pm, grabbed my sled and walked to the village to pick up a package. While there, I stopped at the clinic which is also the gathering spot to sit and chat with people. Hung out and had a good time BSing with the guys there. Then I loaded up my sled and started walking back to the cabin it's about 4 or 5 mile round trip. I wished I had remembered to bring my camera. As I got onto the lake, there was a supercub landing about 60 feet from me. It was someone from the village. Where else can you walk on a frozen lake and have a plane land next to ya? I love my life out in the "BUSH" wouldn't live anywhere or any way else.  More tomorrow.

No comments: